New job Office Administrator in Ontario
Company : Baker Tilly Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Baker Tilly REO LLP in Winchester is seeking an Office Administrator to join our growing team.
At Baker Tilly REO, you will work with a team of dynamic professionals who pride themselves on exceptional client service and a commitment to success. We also appreciate the value of work-life balance for our staff. We offer:
- a competitive salary,
- wellness and fitness incentives,
- flex time, and
- a comprehensive benefit package.
Baker Tilly REO is an independent member of Baker Tilly Canada. With member firms from coast to coast, we are one of the country’s largest associations of Chartered Professional Accounting firms. With an international network, we have a longstanding reputation for value-added audit, tax and advisory solutions. We embrace a model of client-focused, partner-led service and believe that quality of life for our high-performance team is important. We have strong community roots and believe in providing our clients with high quality personalized services.
A 6 partner, locally owned firm with offices in Winchester, Morrisburg, Carleton Place and Cobden, our offices serve companies at all stages of their development from emerging and owner-managed businesses to large private companies, not-for-profit organizations, professionals, and individuals.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
As the first point of contact, the Office Administrator will be the face of Baker Tilly REO LLP. You provide first firm impressions, embody the firm’s values, and confidently assist our external and internal clients.
- Manage the front desk including answering and directing incoming calls, greet clients and offer hospitality
- Screen and redirect client enquiries, gauge urgency, and escalate as required
- Ensure boardroom, reception and common areas are tidy and presentable with all necessary stationary, forms, and supplies are available
- Schedule virtual and in office meetings
- Daily accounts receivable functions including cheque and cash deposits, debit/credit card transactions and communication with clients regarding their account balance
- Prepare courier packages for pick-up, incoming and outgoing mail
- Order kitchen and office supplies and maintain stock inventory
- Assist with building maintenance and operational issues
- Assemble personal tax returns, financial statements and other reports, letters, and invoices in accordance with firm quality and document standards
- Electronic filing of tax slips and returns
- Electronic file maintenance including archiving and locking down Caseware files
- Other general administrative duties as required including filing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing
A successful candidate will have:
- 2 to 5 years experience as a receptionist or in a customer facing client service role
- Post secondary education in office/business administration or similar program is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview, TaxPrep, Quickbooks and/or any other tax preparation software would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and sound judgement regarding confidential information and sensitive matters
- Professional manner, strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively as part of a team
- Strong understanding of a client-focused fast paced work environment including related deadlines. Ability to effectively pivot between tasks, prioritize and manage deliverables to meet conflicting deadlines
- Attention to detail and consistent high accuracy level
- Related work experience in public accounting, personal tax return preparation or in a business environment would be an asset
- Comfortable working onsite with standard working hours being Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.