New job Nurse Practitioner in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $101,068 - $117,433 a year
Location : Yukon
This is a permanent full time position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
In this role, you will function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive health care services to persons residing in Whitehorse-based continuing care homes. Continuing Care residents include the elderly, frail elderly, persons with cognitive disorders, persons of any age experiencing a debilitating chronic disease (i.e. heart disease, lung disease, Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis), persons experiencing the effects of traumatic injury (brain injury, spinal injury), and those experiencing substance abuse / mental health disorders. The Continuing Care NP functions in a collaborative practice model with family physicians, physician specialists, and other allied health professionals (i.e. optometrists, dentists). Contributes to an environment that is inclusive; non-discriminatory, physically, psychologically and culturally safe.
For more information about this position, please contact Katharina McArthur at (867) 393-9008 or Katharina.McArthur@yukon.ca
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Ann Caron at (867) 332-6273 or email@example.com
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment. Link to create your account to apply here
*Refer to here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Master of Nursing, Nursing Practitioner Family-All Ages or Adult stream
- Eligible for registration as Nurse Practitioner with Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- Recently applied knowledge of Nurse Practitioner theory, practices and techniques normally acquired through work experience
- Experience gained in a long term care setting or with a geriatric population is an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Skill in fostering and maintaining excellent working relationships with a broad range of individuals and partner organizations
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the transdisciplinary team
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to provide client-centered and outcome-focused care
Conditions of Employment: Current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association as a Nurse Practitioner ,Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector, TB screening, WHMIS 2015, CPR BLS ( Within last 6 months) Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification, Class 5 Drivers Licence
Work Environment: Exposure to plants and/or flowers and/or second hand smoke when supervising residents/clients, exposure to animals, heavy lifting 50 lbs and over, bending, and exposure to latex products. Some travel (25%), within Whitehorse.