New job Nurse in Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $42.36 - $51.54 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety has permanent part-time nursing opportunities for Registered Nurses (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Registered Nurses (RPN) who are self-confident positive role models to work at Pine Grove Correctional Centre.
We are looking for exceptional nurses who can:
- respond to medical/psychiatric emergencies with appropriate interventions;
- assess medical and mental conditions;
- actively promote preventative health measures;
- maintain accurate patient records; and
- make referrals as required.
To be successful in this role, you must be actively registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) or Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) and possess knowledge and relevant work experience in:
- medical and psychiatric theories and related intervention strategies;
- drug/alcohol withdrawal indicators and effects;
- communicable diseases;
- public health issues and risk factors;
- various multi-cultural beliefs, values and perspectives; and
- valid BLS with Oxygen and Airway Management certificate.
Working part-time with us is an excellent way to maintain a healthy work and life balance as the hours of work are based on your availability and the availability needs within our centres. Hours of work that can be available are during the week - daytime or evening hours (no shift past 11 pm) and/or weekend day and evening shifts. In addition, uniforms and meals are provided at no cost, parking is included, and nurses receive an annual allowance towards the purchase of shoes.
- Note: This position is now open to both male and female candidates.