New job Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor Mushuau Innu First Nation in Natuashish, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor Mushuau Innu First Nation in Natuashish, NL Yesterday New!
Company : Mushuau Innu First Nation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Mushuau Innu Government Vision Statement
To provide good government, that responds to the needs of the people and fosters unity, understanding and fairness to the Mushuau Innu.
Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor
Full-time Contractual Position
Are you a Regulated Care Professional looking for an amazing opportunity?
Natuashish is a remote Innu community on the north coast of Labrador with a population of about 1000 people and is located approximately 300 km north of Happy Valley-Goose Bay. The community, constructed in 2003, is home to the Mushuau Innu.
The Mushuau Innu Health Commission is currently seeking enthusiastic and caring professionals to join our amazing team and embark on an opportunity of a lifetime - full of adventure and discovery in a truly modern community. Let's chat!
The Counsellor will work with the program areas of Mental Health & Addictions (MHA) (Healing Lodge, Next Generation Guardians, Safehouse) and support Natuashish with accessing programs and services as well as implementation of program goals and objectives. Under the supervision of the Health Administrator and as part of the various workgroups and teams, the Counsellor will provide oversight, professional support and clinical service in the areas of intake and assessment, case management, counselling and outreach for Mental Health and Addictions.
Services and Advocacy
- Provides a full range of professional assessment, counselling and support services at all levels of complexity for MHA programming
- Conduct intakes and monitor individual, group, and family therapies
- Develop service plans and conduct reviews as needed throughout the duration of treatment
- Completes assessments to determine the needs of the applicants and needs of the family; consults with program staff to determine the most appropriate course of action
Program Development and Management
- Support the full continuum of care planning and case management process, including those for clients transitioning into adulthood under the Jordan's Principle initiative
- Takes the lead and an active role in promoting service coordination and develop creative strategies to work with families and systems within MHA
- Promote a positive, nurturing environment for the family and will work toward strengthening the community with support, enhancing knowledge, skills, and family stability using a family-centered approach
Cultural Support and Learning
- Creates opportunities for cultural learning, community involvement and skill development
- Provides service in the Innu First Nation in the context of extended family and community involvement
- Incorporates cultural knowledge, Elders and other resource people, and activities in the delivery of support services
What you bring
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university (preferably a Masters)
- Regulated professional (or eligible) (ex. Social Work, Nursing, Counsellor)
- Experience coordinating care/case management (preferred)
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as necessary
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector checks
- Previous experience working within Indigenous communities / cultures is an asset
- Knowledge of Innu culture would be an asset
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Recruitment and retention bonus
- Accommodations while in community
- Fun, adventure and a majestic environment
- Flexible rotation
Salary - Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Interested applicants, submit a letter of application and resume to Sherry George, Health Administrator at email@example.com
Deadline: September 24, 2021