New job Membership Coordinator in Yukon
Company : Yukon Conservation Society
Salary : $22 an hour
Location : Yukon
Environmental & Natural Resources
The Yukon Conservation Society (YCS) is one of the oldest environmental non-profit organizations in Canada. Over the past 50 years, YCS has worked with communities, First Nation governments and diverse organizations to achieve many conservation victories in the territory. Our Board, staff and volunteers are experts in their fields and are committed to staying on the cutting edge of research and training so that YCS remains a respected voice for the Yukon’s wildlife, land and water.
What we need
We are looking for a capable, enthusiastic, and creative person to support our growing efforts in outreach and membership. Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Communications (DOC), the Membership Coordinator (MC) will be primarily responsible for the administration around members and communicating with and coordinating volunteer involvement. This is a part-time position (30 hours per week) but some flexibility is possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Event planning and coordination skills
- Fluency with computers, Microsoft Office, and web-based tools (no coding skills required)
- Familiarity with membership database – ‘Little Green Light’
- Relevant educational background or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good time-management skills
- Communication and marketing skills (graphic design, video filming and editing, writing, editing, and social media)
- Experience working in the Yukon and experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- Knowledge of northern, environmental and Indigenous issues and a strong environmental ethic
- The full job description is available below and at http://yukonconservation.org/who-we-are/our-team/join-our-team/. Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents, legally entitled to work in Canada, should apply.
How to apply:
- To apply, email resume and cover letter (as one PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attention: Search Committee". Please include where you saw the job advertised.
- Start date is as soon as possible. We reserve the right to interview and hire for this position immediately but otherwise applications will close on Sunday, September 26, 2021.
- While we greatly appreciate your interest in working with us, only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Job Description - Membership Coordinator
Part-Time Hours: 30 hours/week
Vacation: 6% vacation pay
Benefits: Self-administered employer cash contribution semi-annually
Application due date: September 26, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Communications (DOC), the Membership Coordinator (MC) will be primarily responsible for the administration around members and communicating with and coordinating volunteer involvement, and to support the DOC. This is a part-time position (30 hours per week) but some flexibility is possible.
- Ensure donation and membership processing is completed.
- Handling all questions, information requests, and issues regarding membership.
- Processing membership applications, renewals, and provision of receipts.
- Maintaining and updating membership records.
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports.
- Maintain database of members, donors and volunteers.
- Coordinate volunteers for various events and activities.
- Membership event planning (Summer BBQ, End of Year Party, etc.)
- Outreach at the summer Fireweed Community Market
- Fall Direct Mail Campaign
- Assist the DOC with communications (primarily social media, but also our eNewsletter and quarterly publication)
Trail Guiding & Outdoor Education
- Assist the DOC as required with administration of the Summer Interpretive program
- Assist Administrative Manager with Edible Garden Project.
- Other duties as assigned by the DOC
Additional Application Instructions