New job Manager of Student Recruitment (International and Domestic) in Manitoba
Manager of Student Recruitment (International and Domestic)
Company : Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba CANADA
External and Corporate Affairs
MITT is a post-secondary institute offering industry-driven, student-focused education in the areas of skilled trades, business and information technology, health care, and human services. We provide affordable, timely, skills-based education for learners seeking career entry as well as those looking to acquire relevant, in-demand competencies at any point in life.
MANAGER OF STUDENT RECRUITMENT
International and Domestic
Permanent, Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Working within the External and Corporate Affairs department, the Manager of Student Recruitment ensures that MITT’s domestic and international recruitment teams meet and exceed student recruitment targets. This position is responsible to build, implement, and measure strategic recruitment strategies that attract a diverse student base to MITT. The successful candidate is also responsible to ensure mutually beneficial relationships exist with commission-based agents, members of the global representatives’ team, and contractors engaged to advise MITT’s international recruitment efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Staff Management and Development
- Provide strategic and inspirational leadership, as well as oversight and direction to international and domestic student recruitment staff in accordance with MITT policies and procedures.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork, accountability and unity among business unit members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the business unit to succeed.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with that of the overall organization.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of People Services, when necessary.
- Oversee recruitment and maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate digital messaging, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Actively promote staff professional development opportunities.
International and Domestic Student Recruitment
- Develop and implement student recruitment strategies for domestic and international markets.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure there is an understanding of recruitment’s goals and objectives, as well as the impacts of its activities on these other teams.
- Investigate, identify, and develop specific and targeted recruitment strategies for each major country (China, Mexico, India, Japan and Scandinavian countries, for example); and lead design of international student recruitment efforts and partnership strategies, including all educational fairs, international display events, government education fairs and agency tours to all countries specified within the enrolment strategy.
- Identify and implement domestic recruitment strategies that motivate Manitoban or Canadian students to choose MITT.
- Strategically deploy MITT student recruitment resources locally, nationally, and internationally, including travelling and participating in relevant meetings and events, as approved in an annual travel/marketing plan.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current educational trends and demographics locally, nationally and internationally.
- Identify and implement tools to provide data to assist in the development and implementation of local and international recruitment strategies. (web/Google analytics, enrolment and admissions data, campaign findings, etc.)
Budget Control and Analysis
- Administer the area budget, make financial projections, and report on income and expenditures.
- Evaluate return on investment on budgeted expenses (i.e. travel).
Agent Management (International)
- Establish and maintain agent screening and maintenance processes to mitigate reputational risk, while also providing agent support and services that reflect industry best practices and facilitate the productivity of the partnerships.
- Ensure agents know MITT’s expectations on ethical behaviours and practices.
- Support existing on-shore and off-shore agents with timely responses to inquires.
- Develop new on-shore and off-shore agents aligned with MITT’s recruitment strategies.
- In partnership with Marketing, help develop content, resources and provide agents with all the necessary marketing materials to help promote our programs (i.e., brochures, display units, PDF files, agent certificates).
- Facilitate agent seminars and training electronically and in assigned source countries when required.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to develop a dynamic agent portal streamlining ongoing agent trainings, student application tracking and agency fee payment.
Business Development Support
- Coordinate assigned staff and internal partners to participate in regional, provincial, national, and international workshops, symposiums, conferences, and trade missions, as approved.
- Build and maintain an active network of key contacts in the community, partner institutions and organizations—such as professional associations and business/government—to promote the reputation of, and add value to, the Institute.
- Organize recruitment events, agent appreciation event, agent FAM tours, and student support activities.
- Advise marketing on domestic and international trends.
- Liaise with Events Officer, Marketing and Communications to determine and implement events such as Open House, webinars, and other event-based recruitment efforts and participate in these events.
- In partnership with Marketing and Communications, determine the need for international recruitment marketing and promotional materials, including web, PowerPoint presentations, print materials, video, etc.
- Advise on development of culturally appropriate marketing assets for key recruitment markets.
Required and Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- Post-secondary education within the field of Marketing, Public Relations or Business Administration or Student Services. A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Five to seven years of related experience, including experience in international relationships or engagement, recruitment, operations, leadership, systems development, personnel/staffing management, and program development; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including leadership, negotiation, influence and relationship building.
- Significant experience and successful results in student recruitment and business development.
- Excellent knowledge of agent (client) relations, marketing, communications, and student recruitment theories, best practices and strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of policies and regulations related to student recruitment, transition, development, academic programming, and services at an institutional level.
- Proficient in the use of enterprise level systems (i.e., SIMS, CRM) as well as standard office systems (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications) and business process design.
- Experience in prudent fiscal accountability and budget administration.
- Ability to research, synthesize, and analyze metrics.
- Ability to travel internationally and in Canada is required.
- Valid passport is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in strategic enrolment management.
- Knowledge of the local and national secondary and post-secondary school systems.
- Knowledge of national and international student recruitment and retention.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Manitoban, Canadian, and international educational systems, with specific attention to college programs, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in both domestic and international marketing communications and strategies.
- Knowledge on IRCC policies and regulations.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions. Underfills may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 10, 2021. Submit your resume and cover letter using our online application system.
We are growing, come grow with us.
MITT offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits,
and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
MITT is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, applicants are asked to inform us if they require an accommodation. All information received as it relates to accommodation will be kept confidential.
MITT is committed to an employment equity practice that achieves a workforce reflective of the community at large. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time they apply.
This position requires the successful completion of a Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector.
Please do not disclose personal health information or protected personal information through the application process.
Job Type: Full-time