New job Logging Engineer in British Columbia
Company : Interfor Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we've infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Logging Engineer for our Coastal Woodlands team based in Campbell River, BC. The Logging Engineer will be responsible for planning, directing and executing field engineering, related duties and associated paperwork, as well as some contract supervision.
What You’ll Do
- Cutblock and logging road recce, field layout, surveying, mapping and design.
- Administrative duties required to plan and implement forestry operations.
- Preparation of road permits and cutting permits.
- Liaison assistance with First Nations, interest groups, and government agencies.
- Involvement with company and contractor Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
What You Offer
- Degree or diploma in Forestry.
- Eligibility or accreditation with the ABCRP is an asset.
- Aptitude in Microsoft, Road Eng, and evolving computer applications such as TFM.
- Progressive experience in cutblock layout.
- Good physical condition.
- Comfortable with travel in boats, float planes and helicopters.
- Flexibility to work camp shifts in a remote location.
- Commitment to safety and environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Detail, action and results oriented.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.