New job Life Skills Coach in Alberta
Life Skills Coach
Company : Transitions Rehabilitation Association
Salary : $19.09 an hour
Location : Alberta
Life Skills Coach
(The Government of Canada is partially funding this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program).
Transitions is a not-for-profit organization in St. Albert that has been Building New Tomorrows since 1978. Our mission is to provide services to people with developmental disabilities, enabling them to enjoy independence and a quality of life they choose by building on individual strengths and abilities.
We are seeking a Life Skills Coach who will facilitate group workshops, and individual coaching sessions for people receiving services in our Adult Services Program.
The sessions will foster a person’s “leader within” by supporting them to positively embrace their life after the COVID-19 pandemic. I.e., developing self-advocacy skills; building self-confidence; building meaningful relationships; reconnecting with friends, family and their community; seeking employment opportunities; getting active; and exploring new ways they can contribute to their community — essentially, supporting people with getting their life back on track and reclaiming all they have lost during the pandemic.
This is a 15 week, temporary position from September 13, 2021 – December 22, 2021. Days of work are typically Monday - Friday with 20 hours per week. Flexibility will be required to adjust hours for evenings and weekend work when required.
1. Coordinate Learning Sessions on a variety of life skills, e.g., relationships, personal safety, community connections, employment and job-seeking skills, healthy lifestyles, etc.
· Assist the Coordinator of Quality Assurance and Program Support to identify relevant topics for the Learning Sessions.
· Identify, secure and coordinate guest speakers to lead and facilitate group presentations.
· Design a training schedule with the Coordinator of Quality Assurance and Program Support that outlines the sessions and opportunities to be offered.
· Promote and oversee the session registration process.
2. Provide one-on-one coaching opportunities to support people with an individual goal of their choice
· Meet with people supported to identify a goal based on areas of individual interest and need.
· Offer one-on-one coaching opportunities to support a person’s journey towards accomplishing their goal.
· Identify resources, supports, and opportunities in the community and support the person to connect to them.
3. Other Responsibilities
· Seek clarification and direction as needed.
· Monitor costs and submit receipts on a weekly basis to the Director, Children and Adult Services.
· Provide evaluation forms to participants to collect feedback and compile a summary of findings.
· Submit a wrap-up evaluation to Coordinator of Quality Assurance and Program Support, which includes recommendations for future learning sessions.
· Currently enrolled in post secondary education.
· Be between the ages of 18-30 years old.
· Must be personable, engaging and act with integrity.
· Well organized and excellent communication skills.
· The ability to set priorities and deliver results within deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
· Current and Clear Criminal Record Check.
· Reliable Vehicle.
COMPENSATION: $19.09/per hour
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 27th or when a successful applicant is hired
Reference ID: 21-21F
Contract length: 15 weeks
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Expected start date: 2021-09-13
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Covid-19 procedures in place for staff and supported individual - PPE supplied
- Are you currently enrolled in post secondary education?
- Are you between the ages of 18-30 years old?
- Do you have a reliable vehicle with 3rd party liability insurance?
- Emergency First Aid Level C - CPR/AED (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers Licence (required)