New job Lab Technician in Alberta
Company : Bunge
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Location : Edmonton P AB
City : Edmonton
State : Alberta (CA-AB)
Country : Canada (CA)
Requisition Number : 17556
To assure that all products produced consistently meet or exceed company standard and comply with Provincial and Federal regulations. To facilitate the packaging of quality product in an efficient and timely manner. Provide laboratory support to the packaging and warehouse operations by interpreting analytical results, inspecting and releasing raw materials, releasing product for packaging and providing analytical reports to departments as needed. Be able to proficiently run the analytical analysis on edible oils.
- Perform routine food safety and quality checks including but not limited to code date, weights, labels, temperature, product specifications, equipment calibrations and microbiological testing.
- Assure that product meets or exceeds standards set forth by the company, Provincial and Federal Governments.
- Manage the Hold and Release program for out of specification products, including the creation of Non-Conformance Reports.
- Follow, demonstrate, enforce, and participate in training of employees in all Quality and Food Safety programs, including:
- GMPs, Pest Control, HACCP, SSOPs, Trace/Recall, Allergen, Good Laboratory Practices, and the Food Security program.
Monitor production operations to include, but not limited to:
- Finished product analysis
- Correct packaging materials
- Correct labels
- Correct Code dates and/or Use by Dates
- Process Control
- Sanitary conditions within the facility
- Provide accurate reports to departments and customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work place following all company safety procedures.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor/Manager
- Technical degree or diploma in Science and Chemistry preferred.
- Minimum 3 years laboratory experience in related industry may be substituted for educational degree or diploma.
- Understand and comply with Bunge Safe Practices, including, but limited to: Laboratory Safety and Chemical Handling
- Knowledge in handling chemicals, titrimetry and basic mathematics required
- General knowledge in laboratory instrumentations.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled