New job Immigration Officer in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $80,913 - $93,848 a year
Location : Yukon
At the Department of Economic Development, our mandate is to develop a sustainable and competitive Yukon economy to enrich the quality of life of all Yukoners; to pursue economic initiatives with a shared vision of prosperity, partnerships and innovation; and to forge partnerships with First Nations in the economic development of the territory.
From advising small businesses to attracting investment, we connect our clients with the right people and resources to turn good ideas into reality. We provide the economic analysis and insight that inform smart decision-making and assist clients as they access government financial supports. We are here to help businesses, industries and communities to see the big picture, envision the future of the Yukon economy, and find a path forward.
Yukon immigration programs are operated by the Immigration Unit. Our commitment to professionalism is demonstrated by leadership, dedication and integrity. We work collaboratively with our partners to deliver the most accessible and best quality programs and initiatives to attract and retain qualified foreign workers when Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not available.
The Immigration Officer is responsible and accountable for the provision of a range of immigration related supportive services and programs – the Yukon Nominee Program, the Yukon Business Nominee Program and the Yukon Community Program. The position ensures the delivery of appropriate programs to support immigrant workers are developed and implemented, which will meet both employer needs and immigrant needs.
If you are looking for a progressive organization, where you can make a difference to Yukon economy, the Immigration Unit is the place for you!
This is a two-year term position with the Indigenous Recruitment and Development Program (IRDP), this competition is restricted to those with Aboriginal Ancestry, with preference to Yukon First Nations. There will be a large component of post-secondary education in the training.
For information about applying on an Economic Development competition, contact Pamela Lattin, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this job, contact Marius Curteanu, Manager Immigration Marius.Curteanu@yukon.ca
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below. Ensure a month/year format is used for each work experience. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Post-secondary education in a field that would provide good knowledge of immigration, international student programs, program planning, business and/or finance.
- Some experience interpreting and administering legislation, policies, and guidelines OR experience in policy, regulation and legislation analysis and/or development
- Experience researching methodology, statistical information, and data analysis
- Fluency in as second language would be considered an asset.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information to make informed decisions and to make recommendations to senior management
- Excellent client service focus that is in alignment with organizational strategic goals
- Ability to build relationships and resolve conflicts
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Time management and multi-tasking abilities to work in a fast paced, high demand environment with tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit tact and diplomacy.
Conditions of Employment: Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
Job Requirements: Travel within Canada,
Relocation will not be considered for this position.