New job Home and Community Care Worker II in Nunavut
Home and Community Care Worker II
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $31.68 an hour
Location : Nunavut
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit by location only.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Home and Community Care, the Home and Community Care Worker II (HCCW II) assists clients in activities of basic personal care. If necessary, the HCCW II will also asset with household management, according to an established client care plan, helping clients to maintain independence and functioning in their home environment.
The HCCW II is a member of the Home and Community Care Program and is in frequent contact with the client and family. The HCCW II provides a key link in observing the client’s condition and any changes in their support network. The HCCW II reports any observed changes in the client’s condition to the Supervisor Home and Community Care or the Program Supervisor in the community.
Working knowledge of aids to assist in activities of daily living such as canes, walker, lifts, transfer boards, etc. is required to be successful in this position. The incumbent must also have awareness and understanding of Nunavut Home and Community Care Program policies and procedures.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through completion of Grade 10 and two years of related experience. Language and interpretation skills as well as the ability to read and write in English and Inuktitut are required. The incumbent must also possess a driver’s license or have the ability to obtain a driver’s license within one year of hiring.
Training in personal care skills and current CPR and First Aid Certificates are considered assets. Computer skills are also considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department of Human Resources (Igloolik)
Government of Nunavut
P.O. Box 239
Igloolik, Nunavut X0A 0L0
Toll free: 1-800-682-9033