New job High Profile - Security Guard and Private Investigator in Ontario
High Profile - Security Guard and Private Investigator
Company : G4S Secure Solutions Canada
Salary : $22 an hour
Location : Ontario
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. We are currently looking to build a robust Security Team to support a Corporate Security Team at a site in Downtown Toronto.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Incident response, patrols and inspections of space and equipment
- Liaise with Corporate security program in compound incident response
- Staff and guest information assistance as required;
- Record activities and incidents via guard tour management system
- Walk-safe program for employees working after hours
- Cross training in other security positions as required (e.g. card holder administration assistance, lobby ambassador coverage).
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- Licensing: Security guard and private investigator
- Education: Completion of a minimum of 2 years of college, Military or law enforcement experience: Desirable but not required
- Medical training: First responder training; EMT, paramedic or military combat medic experience highly desirable. Some training may be provided.
- Security management experience: Minimum of 3 years as a security guard in high profile or corporate environment
- Communication skills: Exceptional communication capabilities
- Computer literacy: Minimum of basic level competency with Windows-based computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) software.
- Shifts may vary from Days/Evenings/Overnights - flexible availability is an asset
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.