New job Grant Management Specialist in Quebec
Grant Management Specialist
Company : American Iron and Metal
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM GLOBAL?
Become a part of AIM Global’s history.
We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades through our employees’ strength and our clients’ trust, thus establishing our international presence and diversifying our expertise. Take your place at AIM Global, an integrated chain comprised of five divisions who work in collaboration to revalorize resources such as metals, construction waste, end-of-life vehicles, and urban areas. We invest in our installations and employees to ensure a better future for all.
It’s simple; we do it right. We aim for excellence.
- Project manage full life cycle of grant programs; administer and act as research grant files manager
- Research and confirm all required documentation and information to be provided and confirm eligibility to tax benefit, grants, or credits.
- Ensure that all available grants and credits are claimed, including all grants that are claimable other than through tax returns
- Set up a program to ensure that the various departments adequately claim input tax credits (GST, HST & QST) on their expenses.
- Support the tax group on claims relating to: Scientific Research & Development credit; tax credit on investments and tax credit for on-the-job training
- Work closely with Finance Department, Business Development team, Programs Department, legal team to keep them informed of procedural changes, and offer solutions to possible problems
- Update AIM’s policies and guidelines relative to various programs
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure appropriate funding allocation applied and ensure consistency of government claims/reports to financial statements
- Review contracts, research agreements, and proposals to ensure compliance with policies and procedures for the specific program
- 3-5 years experience in grant, credit, tax program management
- College or university degree in accounting or finance
- Bilingual with strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Very strong multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated administrative background
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with databases and SharePoint is an asset
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of several individuals
- Must be professional and adept at working with people across teams at various levels within an organization.
What we offer :
- Group insurance after 3 months.
- Group RRSP after 6 months.
- Free coffee
- Free parking
- On-site gym
- Bonus plan
- Social events (BBQ, taffy on snow, raffles, etc.)
The American Iron & Steel Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine gender is used only to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.