New job First Cook (Day Shift) in British Columbia
First Cook (Day Shift)
Company : Vancouver Golf Club
Salary : $19.55 an hour
Location : British Columbia
The Vancouver Golf Club is widely recognized as one of the finest private golf clubs in the Pacific Northwest. It is known, among other things, for its impeccable 18-hole championship golf course, excellent service, creative dining, and friendly people.
The preparation and presentation of food items as described on the menu, banquet package, or by instructions received, in the most professional manner, taking in consideration high quality and cost. To take a supervisory role when chef or sous chef are absent.
- Monitors production in regard to quantity of preparation, quality of product, reflecting morning banquet activities, lowers level volume and clubhouse reservations
- While in charge, control of usage, receiving, and storage and stocking of all commodes.
- Helps maintain the high standards of cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen areas. (See cooks cleaning schedule for daily responsibilities)
- Assists with implementing training techniques and participates in all training activities
- Keeps in touch with new trends in catering by monitoring local restaurants, clubs and reading appropriate information
- Assists in the continuous effort to ensure smooth and efficient work and service flows
- Promotes team spirit between kitchen and service staff providing all staff with valuable on service information
- Puts emphasis on teamwork and the understanding of other coworkers’ needs (i.e. don’t stand around if someone else is “in the weeds”; assist in other areas where help may be required: dishwasher, banquets, and kitchen).
- Performs any other reasonable request as assigned by chef or sous chef
$19.55 / hour plus, medical, dental, pension, and gratuities
Must be able to work weekends and mornings