New job Financial Data Analyst in British Columbia
Financial Data Analyst
Company : Metro Vancouver
Salary : $5,968 - $7,053 a month
Location : British Columbia
Department: Financial Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 26 $2,984.10 - $3,526.40 bi-weekly
Our Financial Services Department is seeking a Financial Data Analyst who will perform financial modelling that support short-term and long-term corporate financial planning and supports decision making for high priority initiatives for Metro Vancouver.
You are a data driven individual who has strong financial acumen and exceptional financial modelling skills and experience and who thrives in a team environment.
- Prepares and maintains financial planning models; identifies and assesses a wide variety of forecasting data requirements in support of corporate financial planning and process improvement; develops forecasts, discusses and reviews same with superiors and stakeholders; makes recommendations for adjustments, and revises same as appropriate.
- Selects, compiles and analyzes a wide variety of transactional and statistical data pertaining to financial planning and related short and long-term projections, cash flow and borrowing in relation to various programs or services; estimates and analyzes costs, revenues, rates, fees and debt requirements; researches implications and reviews with a superior; organizes and analyzes transactional data drawn from various sources and prepares summary reports identifying anomalies, trends and issues for referral to superiors.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and prepares a wide variety of corporate wide budget estimates and related short and long-range projections; estimates costs, revenues, operating and capital budgets and debt requirements, discusses, and reviews them with superiors and contacts.
- Analyses and interprets variances between actual and budgeted revenues and expenditures, initiates adjustments and corrections as required, and provides written explanations of variances; prepares and maintains a variety of budget support working papers and databases.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of internal staff, and representatives of contractors and Municipal staff, related to the work performed.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of budget support working papers, databases, records, regular and ad hoc reports and presentations related to the work.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- University graduation with a degree in business administration, accounting, statistics, economics or a related discipline including courses in financial modeling and accounting, and sound related experience, some which includes financial forecasting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of program objectives, practices, policies and procedures and of financial and business processes related to the work performed.
- Thorough knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of accounting principles and methods including modern reporting and cost control techniques.
- Ability to identify and determine data requirements and analyze and interpret same and prepare clear and concise financial forecast reports and recommendations related to the work performed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts in government agencies and private organizations.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts on existing or proposed processes and procedures.
- Ability to independently perform financial analysis and forecasting work.