New job Finance Officer in Nunavut
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $40,931 a year
Location : Nunavut
Indeterminate (Part Time)
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is restricted to residents of Iqaluit only.
Reporting to the Manager Finance, the Finance Officer provides accounting services such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue operations, analyses, reports and also provides financial advice and support to clients, and other assigned administration duties, in accordance with general accounting principles, financial and applicable legislation, policies, procedures, control processes and collective agreements, to ensure quality financial and client service, in accordance with the financial and service goals of the Government of Nunavut.
The Finance Officer impacts timely and correct payments to employees and suppliers as well as the secure handling and deposit of revenues, accurate financial reports for management decision making at the Department level, and the reputation of the Department and the Government of Nunavut internally and externally. The Finance Officer is assigned administrative responsibilities such as travel and contracts with internal and external service providers and stakeholders that impact cost effective arrangements, client satisfaction, effective relationships internally and externally, and work unit effectiveness. The position will also provide financial expertise and deliver department-wide training to departmental employees on the correct interpretation and application of financial legislation, policy, processes, and collective agreements.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized diploma in a related field along with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant finance experience in a computerized environment and experience in providing advisory services to clients.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. The ability to communicate in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.