New job Executive Assistant for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Office at PHSA, Vancouver BC in British Columbia
Executive Assistant for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Office at PHSA, Vancouver BC
Company : PHSA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. We hire for Administration, Clerical, Data entry, Project Coordinators, Business Analysts, Project Managers and so much more. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Assistant for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Office at PHSA
Talent on Demand
Are you a highly organized individual with experience providing support to senior Leaders? The Executive Assistant to the Senior Executive provides confidential administrative assistance and executive support.
What you’ll do
- Maintain the Senior Executive’s appointment schedule and time commitments through methods such as receiving appointment requests and meeting/conference invitations, determining urgency and nature of requests and scheduling and making necessary arrangements. Resolve time conflicts as required. Make arrangements for travel and accommodation for attendance at industry meetings and conferences.
- Function as the confidential liaison for the Senior Executive and responds to verbal and written communication directed to the Senior Executive’s office including members of other leadership teams and the operating division’s management team members. Screen requests and inquiries, make a determination on importance/urgency of request, and provides a response and/or forward to the Senior Executive’s or other senior staff for reply.
- Provide guidance and direction on interpretation and application of organizational policies and procedures. Liaise with community government agencies on behalf of the Senior Executive to respond to and/or share information and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce a variety of accurate and well-designed documents including correspondence, memos, meeting agendas and reports utilizing various word processing and spreadsheet software packages, including creation of files, tables and spreadsheets. As requested by the Senior Executive , investigate, gather and compile information on issues and drafts reports outlining alternative options and recommendations.
- Assist in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorize expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing, and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Participate in a variety of projects. Responsibilitie include researching information, tracking statistical data and compiling and analyzing data involving new projects, the interpretation and application of policies and procedures. Manage projects by corresponding with key stakeholders, monitoring milestones and tracking action plans.
- Complete and submit eForms for designated Leaders; process timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus seven (7) years recent related experience, including three (3) years at a senior level, preferably in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Ability to work with discretion in preparing and handling confidential or sensitive information, human resource requests and timesheets.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job type Casual Full Time Hours
Hours of work 8:30 – 16:30
Reference number TOD08052021
Hours of work 8:30 – 16:30
Reference number TOD08052021
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.