New job Executive Administrative Officer in Manitoba
Executive Administrative Officer
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $48,853 - $57,363 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for twelve (12) months.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE to access the application form
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Executive Administrative Officer provides extensive administrative work for the division. This includes providing direct service to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Public Safety, the Executive Director of Crime Prevention, Policing Services and Public Safety, the Executive Director of the Manitoba Criminal Intelligence Centre, the Executive Director of Security and Intelligence, as well as independent units linked to the department such as the Independent Investigations Unit, Law Enforcement Review Agency and the Manitoba Police Commission.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Extensive experience performing a full range of senior administrative duties
- Experience with the development and maintenance of administrative procedures and practices
- Ability to think creatively and manage change
- Ability to manage confidential and politically sensitive material
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including working with senior management
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet workload demands and deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote) or equivalent software
- Experience with SAP
- Experience supervising staff
This is a senior administrative position providing leadership, support, advice and guidance on administrative and financial matters. It is a position responsible for centrally, tracking, initiating and monitoring all administrative actions. The position manages the Divisional relationship between the Assistant Deputy Minister, Deputy Minister, Minister and other branches in the Division. This includes providing direction, guidance and information to staff, the public, government officials, civil servants and officials from other departments and agencies and other levels of government on the Division’s policies, regulations, statutes, programs, directives and responsibilities.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.