New job Employer & Community Coordinator in British Columbia
Employer & Community Coordinator
Company : WCG Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Who we’re looking for
Employer and Community Coordinator, WorkBC Prince George
Like WCG, you believe in the power of work to transform lives. As an Employer and Community Coordinator, you are part of a team that makes a difference by providing exceptional service to clients, employers and the community, and by extension, the Province of British Columbia through the WorkBC Employment Services program.
You love communication and using your relationship management skills to benefit the local economy. As an Employer and Community Coordinator, you’ll help promote local job creation and labour market development, and develop partnerships to meet the diverse needs of individuals, employers and communities. You’ll take the lead role to develop and deliver frequent events throughout the catchment.
As a key member of our strong and professional team, you work effectively with community agencies, businesses and other stakeholder groups to promote and facilitate client access and referrals to WorkBC.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute employer awareness and engagement plans
- Lead networking meetings to bring together community and employer stakeholders
- Provide professional services effectively through in-person, virtual and written means
- Actively engage in business and community events to achieve program goals, including Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade functions and other community or employer focused tradeshows
- Input activities and maintain Customer Relations Management (CRM) database
- Contribute to the collection of market intelligence
- Collaboratively develop referral protocols and agreements with referring agencies
- Generate new client volume to WorkBC, including inclusion groups, through awareness in the community
What you bring
- Demonstrated experience marketing programs to, and building partnerships with, employers, community agencies and stakeholders
- Experience in providing workforce development information to employers: assessing employer needs and recommending appropriate supports and resources
- Strong digital literacy skills including Microsoft Office Suite and social media
- Experience and sensitivity in working with persons with a broad range of cultural backgrounds and/or barriers to employment
- Proven sales aptitude and excellent customer service skills
- Solid understanding of confidentiality and other professional codes of conduct; must submit for a criminal record check
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required
- A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and the flexibility and ability to work in different locations in the Prince George catchment
- Experience with provincial government and other online tools such as ICM, online employment services preferred
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and flexible health and dental benefits
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Generous time off policy to encourage work/life balance
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with a track record of high employee engagement and teamwork
For complete job requirements, see the full Job Description here.
WCG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation in advance of any part of the recruitment and selection process.