New job Director, Information Technology Services in Saskatchewan
Director, Information Technology Services
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $8,363 - $10,870 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Immigration and Career Training, Corporate Services Division, provides central coordination and delivery of Information Technology Services, Internal Audit, and Finance and Operations and other support services to three ministries. The ministry is committed to achieving high citizen and client satisfaction through workplace excellence, continuous improvement and innovation.
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training, providing shared services to the Ministries of Energy and Resources and Trade and Export Development is seeking an experienced strategic IT leader to join a team of dedicated professionals as the Director Information Technology, located in Regina. Working in a complex environment that requires multi-tasking and adaptability to shifting priorities, you will deliver IT and IM services to meet the client needs. Your diplomacy, tact and ability to lead, guide, coach, advise and encourage co-workers are key to success in this rewarding position.
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, your responsibilities will include:
- Setting the direction and vision for information management (IM) and information technology (IT) service delivery in a manner that manages risk while providing quality service delivery to clients;
- Providing leadership in the identification, prioritization, development, and implementation of IM and IT services to ensure high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability;
- Preparing and executing financial and strategic IT plans for each ministry and ensuring performance is analyzed on a regular basis for use in subsequent decision-making and to support continuous improvement;
- Leading an innovative team that fosters a culture of excellence to design, deliver, operate and control, IM and IT services that will support the enablement of three Ministries in achieving their respective strategic priorities. This position will play a key role in establishing a collaborative relationship with a diverse stakeholder group while driving to improve business results and to build a stronger integration between business, information, and technology capabilities;
- Think strategically across various sectors to support the development of IT and IM strategies and manage competing interests from a wide range of stakeholders;
- Participate in ministry, inter-ministry and Government of Sasktachewan sector committees and joint initiatives that will influence the technology direction;
- With a focus on the impact of IM and IT and emerging technology trends, participate as part of the management team for the division and collaborating with colleagues on planning IT enablement to deliver on business outcomes;
- Implementing governance to ensure sound decision making and continuous improvement; and
- Managing multiple, complex client and stakeholder relationships to achieve cooperation and consensus for the delivery of successful projects in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
As our successful candidate you will be a strong communicator who has significant leadership experience at a senior level and demonstrate the following:
- The ability to lead a cross functional IT team responsible for the operation and maintenance of a number of large complex projects;
- The ability to proactively anticipate issues and respond with creative and appropriate solutions;
- Extensive problem-solving critical analysis and strategic/conceptual thinking skills in order to identify issues, evaluate the environment, undertake analysis, and develop and communicate recommendations to lead and support complex projects;
- An ability to lead strategic initiatives, be an effective change agent, and achieve positive results; negotiate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve a win/win solution;
- Knowledge and understanding of IT service management delivery, long-range strategic and business continuity planning, government accountability processes and risk management;
- A proven ability to effectively manage fiscal, human resources, information and technology resources, including reallocating resources to address gaps as required;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively and collaborate strategically with a wide variety of senior leaders, stakeholders and clients;
- Significant experience in developing and operationalizing strategic plans; and
- Consistent demonstration of the Government of Saskatchewan’s Commitment to Excellence including the values of Respect and Integrity, Serving Citizens, Excellence and Innovation (including professionalism), and Acting as One Team (teamwork)
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through the completion of a post-secondary accreditation in information technology, computer information systems or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered. Travel within the province may be required in this position.
What We Offer:
As part of the Saskatchewan public service, working for the Ministry of Immigration and Career training provides you:
- The opportunity to work with purpose to create the opportunity for people to build their careers in the province and support provincial employers to have workers with the right skills at the right time to make Saskatchewan the best place in Canada – to live, to work, to start a business, to get an education, to raise a family and to build a life;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package including pension;
- Support for work-life balance;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave.