New job Director, Facilities Maintenance and Operations in British Columbia
Director, Facilities Maintenance and Operations
Company : Vancouver Coastal Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Regular Full Time
Come work as a Director, Facilities Maintenance and Operations with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Director, Facilities Maintenance and Operations to join the Plant Maintenance team. Apply today to join our team!
As the Director, Facilities Maintenance and Operations you will:
- Report to the Executive Directo, Facilities Maintenance and Planning or designate.
- Be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to facilities maintenance and operations activities at designated owned properties within Vancouver Coastal Health, including human resource management, budget control, contract negotiation, dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance.
- Hold primary partnerships are with Directors, Clinical Directors, LMFM Technical support, Chief Operating Officers and other senior leaders of the organization, as well as private sector partners, government agencies, regulatory bodies and external stakeholder groups.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree and professional designation in a relevant discipline
- Ten (10) years’ recent, related experience in progressively more complex and senior management leadership roles in a large, unionized, multi-site organization, including significant experience with design, construction and maintenance of health care or institutional facilities projects and operations or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of building systems, operations and maintenance practices in a complex, multi-site health care environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of appropriate legislation, relevant laws and by-laws, and provincial/national standards.
- Proven ability to define/amalgamate diverse organizational requirements, financial parameters, resolve issues, identify and mitigate operational risks, and develop long-range plans.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support capital projects from design to the completion of construction.
- Proven initiative, judgment, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to take action in a crisis management environment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications and a solid understanding of information systems used in the management of facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach team members.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.