New job Development and Communications Specialist in Nova Scotia
Development and Communications Specialist
Company : Brunswick Street Mission
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Brunswick Street Mission, located in Halifax, seeks to inspire a better quality of life that addresses physical, emotional, practical and spiritual needs for those experiencing poverty. We achieve this by providing essential services to the community, while maintaining a commitment to addressing the root causes of poverty within the Halifax Region. Our essential services include, Trusteeship through the In-Trust program, Tax Program, Outreach, Clothing Centre, Food Bank and Breakfast Program.
Brunswick Street Mission is seeking a development and communications professional to join our team. The development and communications specialist will work closely with the Executive Director to optimize existing donor support, develop and implement a fulsome fundraising program and create promotional information to support and strengthen our charity brand.
· Develop and execute a plan in support of fundraising, including prospect research and donor relations, with emphasis on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, foundations, government, employee and community groups.
· Develop and execute a plan to support the promotion and communications of Brunswick Street Mission including expected analytics.
· Develop and execute special fundraising activities throughout the year.
· Manage the organization’s donor management system.
· Research and write general and program funding proposals/grants.
· Develop and execute a stewardship plan to support fundraising, including thank-you letters, newsletters, cards, letterhead, logo, media and speaking engagements.
· Maintain Brunswick Street Missions social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube, through the creation of continuous engaging posts and videos.
· Provide reports, statistics, and information needed for the progress and growth of the fundraising program.
· Undergraduate Degree in public relations, marketing or business, or acceptable combination of education and experience.
· Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and outcomes-based environment.
· Emotional intelligence, and diplomacy working with donors, board members, teammates and volunteers.
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Ideally three years’ prior related experience, which may include experience in fundraising, client relations, professional sales, business development and marketing.
· Proven leadership and strategic thinking
· Demonstrated ability in development projects, activities and sales.
· Knowledge of donor databases, publication programs and video editing software.
Position: Full-time (40 hour/wk.). Must be flexible to work occasional non-traditional work hours including morning, evenings or weekends based on need.
Salary: Commensurate based on experience and qualifications.
Application deadline: 2021-08-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday