New job Dental Hygienist in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $73,295 - $84,937 a year
Location : Yukon
Health and Social Services, Yukon Government
This is an until–filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This posting will be used to fill 2 term full-time positions working 75 hours biweekly. This competition will also be used to fill anticipatory permanent and term positions that may become available.
Who We Are
The Yukon Children’s Dental Program, comprised of Dental Therapists and Dental Hygienists provides comprehensive diagnostic, preventative and restorative dental services to preschool and school aged children in Whitehorse and throughout rural Yukon. The incumbent will deliver preventative dental procedures that include placing temporary fillings, fissure sealants and Silver diamine fluoride (SDF). Hygienists are part of a team that is committed to improving the oral health of all Yukon children.
For more information on our beautiful territory, please visit: Travel Yukon.
What We Offer
Government of Yukon has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Top Employer for Canadians over 40. Along with generous leave benefits, Yukon Government offers:
- Competitive salary range and benefits (medical, dental, pension)
- Generous leave benefits (vacation, sick, special, etc.)
- Ongoing employee development with tuition subsidies as well as recently launched online learning platform called YGLearn, which features a variety of mobile-friendly course offerings
- Competitive travel per diems for assigned work travel. Per Diems can typically range anywhere between $5,000 to $10,000 per year for this Dental Hygienist position; depending on the amount travelled.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusivity, and strive to create a supportive environment for all our employees
- As an eligible government employee, you and your family will have access to immediate and confidential assistance at no cost through our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- For more information on the comprehensive list of benefits and perks explore our website, Yukon.ca
For more information about the program and being a Dental Hygienist in Yukon, please contact Lorna Arsenault, Manager, Yukon Children’s Dental Program, at 867-336-2395 or Lorna.Arsenault@yukon.ca.
For information on the Yukon Government’s hiring process and this posting, please contact Jaime Strachan, Human Resources Consultant, at (867) 332-5768 or Jaime.Strachan@yukon.ca.
For help on how to apply on this competition, please visit our website https://yukon.ca/en/employment/apply-job or if you have questions about creating your e-recruitment profile email E-Recruitment.email@example.com or phone 867-667-9453.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the detailed information you provide in your resume; ensure you use a month/year to month/year format.
- Dental Hygiene Diploma or degree
- Current registration with a Canadian registered dental hygiene regulatory authority.
- Experience providing various dental services to children and youth
- Experience working in community health or a public health organization will be considered an asset.
- Training and experience with Silver Diamine Fluoride and Interim Stabilization Therapy will be considered an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Understanding and adherence to the Dental Hygienists’ Code of Ethics & Code of Conduct
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively plan and manage a large, diverse workload
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective relationships through collaboration with colleagues and clients
- Strong ability and confidence to work autonomously
- Excellent approach in working with children and families
- Leadership skills that demonstrate aptitude in public health and program/service delivery
- Demonstrated high standards and adherence to infection prevention and control protocols.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Security clearance with vulnerable sectors
- CPR certificate, to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Transportation of dangerous goods certificate, to be obtained within 6 months
- Registration with Yukon’s Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs for dental hygiene license prior to hire
- Must be able to utilize personal vehicle within Whitehorse city limits; extensive travel throughout the rest of the Yukon will be required (up to 1-3 weeks per trip); ability to lift up to 50 lbs; and must be comfortable working with young children (preschool and school-age).