New job Custodian in Northwest Territories
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Fort McPherson, NT.
Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
The Custodian cleans and cares for the facility and equipment of the school. He/She is responsible for ensuring that the school environment is maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner. The Custodian reports to the Senior Custodian, and in his/her absence would report to the Principal and/or Vice Principal of the Chief Julius School in Fort McPherson.
Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety and security of students, staff, and members of the public. This will have a direct impact on the ability of students to have a successful learning experience and on the ability of teachers to provide instruction in a positive learning environment. Maintaining a clean and orderly environment will also provide students and staff with a sense of pride in their school and help to role model appropriate behaviours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The incumbent requires an understanding of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products. The incumbent must be able to work under littler supervision. The incumbent requires knowledge of the goals, objectives and operations of the school and the District Education Authority as well as the local people and cultures of the community. The ability to speak the local Aboriginal language is a definite asset.
The incumbent must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting with staff, students, parents, and general public
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and as a team player
- Able to operate tools and equipment required to perform the functions
- Physically capable of performing all assigned duties
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and manage time effectively
The incumbent would normally acquire the knowledge and skills with a Grade 10 education and a minimum of six (6) months related experience along with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems training. The incumbent must demonstrate literacy skills.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.