New job Computer Support Specialist in Newfoundland and Labrador
Computer Support Specialist
Company : Municipal Assessment Agency
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
The Municipal Assessment Agency is required to provide municipalities with real property values (or assessments) in accordance with the terms and conditions of the province’s Assessment Act, 2006. We are responsible for providing a fair and effective property assessment service to 230 municipalities.
Location: Any Regional Office, Municipal Assessment Agency, locations include St. John’s, Gander, or Corner Brook, NL)
Why join the Municipal Assessment Agency?
The Municipal Assessment Agency is committed to providing their employees with training and overall professional growth. We provide our employees with great rewards including, but not limited to:
· Comprehensive health benefits
· Flexible working arrangements
· Leave benefits
· Employee training & development opportunities
· Continuous learning environment
· Travel cost reimbursement as per the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador policies
· Employee & family assistance program
· Challenging and interesting work
The Corporate Services Division of the Municipal Assessment Agency is offering a great opportunity for a Computer Support Specialist. This position delivers technical administration of a local area network and provides assistance to end users having operational, functional, procedural, or administrative concerns.
· Install, configure, maintain, and properly dispose of computer hardware, peripherals, and software
· Identify and analyze computer support, hardware and software problems or application program requirements and recommend and/or implement solutions
· Work collaboratively within a team to provide technical advice and prioritize support to end users and clients to resolve difficulties through on-site or remote access assistance
· Provide training to users in proper use of hardware, software and network access
· Consult with users and vendors to resolve hardware, software and network functioning problems
· Test operating systems and application package systems for users
· Ensure all user work stations function correctly on the network
· Create user accounts and maintain user rights and access
· Perform other related duties as required
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· A post-secondary diploma in information technology or related field is required
· Knowledge in computer support, and related policies, procedures, trends and developments
· Knowledge of hardware, software, networking, server installation and maintenance
· Equivalencies may be considered
In addition, you will demonstrate:
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
· The ability to manage time and work collaboratively with various teams
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills
· Analytical skills with an attention to detail
Salary: CG 29 ($45,973 - $51,051) as per NAPE Collective Agreement
Closing Date: September 3, 2021 4:00pm
Applications, quoting reference MAA.CSS.05.2021
· It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the requirements.
· Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
· All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
· Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Reference ID: MAA.CSS.05.2021
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-09-03
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Bonus pay
- Monday to Friday