New job City Clerk in Saskatchewan
Company : City of Meadow Lake
Salary : $66,917 - $83,646 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
The City of Meadow Lake is seeking an experienced individual to fill the role of City Clerk.
Reporting to the City Manager and Council, the City Clerk is an out of scope position whose primary responsibilities are to fulfill the statutory duties of the Clerk as required in The Cities Act and other City Bylaws.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, correspondence and related documentation;
- Preparation of reports, bylaws, contracts and agreements;
- Ensuring Council is advised of its legislative responsibilities;
- Act as the Returning Officer for Local Government Elections;
- Appointed as the Head for the purpose of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Responsible for the overall records classification and retention system of the City.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of the legislative, legal and corporate responsibilities outlined in local government legislation. They will have:
- Excellent computer skills;
- Well developed proven organizational, time management, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience in a local government environment is preferred;
- A degree/certificate and/or recognized course work in municipal/public administration, or ability to obtain said certification within the first two years of employment.
Compensation is competitive and negotiable in keeping with experience, knowledge and abilities. A comprehensive benefits package is provided. The salary range for this position is $66,917 to $83,646.
Your application package must include current contact information for at least three employment references. Please forward resumes and cover letters attention City Manager, Diana Burton via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For the full job posting, visit meadowlake.ca
Closing Date: September 30, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset