New job Chef - Private residence for seniors in Alberta
Chef - Private residence for seniors
Company : Cogir
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Every day, our team of enthusiasts makes the difference with the residents. The human-to-human relationship is at the heart of our approach and corporate philosophy. In addition, the success of COGIR Immobilier is based on good teamwork between the various departments and on all the people who have joined the company for more than 25 years.
Our warm private residence for seniors, located on the south shore of Montreal has a Chef's opportunity to fill! Working in residence is more than a job, it's a life experience. It is the opportunity to be recognized, valued, to participate in the continuous improvement of the service and to make a significant difference in the daily life of the elderly! We are currently looking for a Chef to fill a permanent full-time position, to be available 1 fds out of 2.
Come create, play with flavors, textures and presentations!
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in maintaining and restoring residents' health by proposing customized and balanced menus
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure good teamwork
- Create tasty menus while respecting the expected level of quality and the allocated budget
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment are kept clean according to established hygiene and cleanliness standards
- Perform meal preparation while supervising and mobilizing staff in the kitchen
- Perform other related duties
- Take inventory of food products and place orders with suppliers
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A proffesional studies dimploma (DEP) in institutional cuisine or equivelent
- 5 to 8 years of experience in the field of residences or hotels
- Training certification (MAPAQ)
- Experience in personnel management
- Basic computer skills
- Yearly salary to be discussed.
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
- Free meals in the dining room
- Recognition program
- Referral Program
- Access to internal professional services
- massage therapy
- aesthetic care
- Sick days and time off for family obligations
- Group insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Social Club activities, gifts and substantial discounts
- Human management approach
- Free coffee, tea and herbal tea
- Stimulating challenges, up to your ambitions!
- A welcoming and tight-knit team!