New job Central Sterilizing Room Technician in Nunavut
Central Sterilizing Room Technician
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $70,083 a year
Location : Nunavut
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants
Reporting to the Nurse Manager of the operating room at the Qikiqtani General Hospital (QGH) or designate, the Central Sterilizing Room Technician (Technician) provides central sterilizing services as an essential part of the health team. The CSR Technician performs all duties related to the cleaning, sterilization and distribution of supplies and equipment in accordance with the well-established standards and the mission, vision, values and policies of the QGH.
The position works as one of the team members within the Surgical Services at the QGH Hospital in Iqaluit and works closely with the surgeons, anesthetists and registered nurses and have direct impact on the day-to-day operations in the delivery of surgical services to clients. The Technician also assumes responsibility for cleaning and/or sterilizing all items from other departments and programs within Iqaluit (Public Health, Family Practice, Baffin Correctional Center) as well as maintaining standards of medical asepsis and infection control in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized High School Diploma or equivalent along with one (1) year recent relevant experience in acute care healthcare. Certifications in a recognized CSR Technician course, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS) training and current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification are also required. Canadian Standard Association Certification (CSA) is considered as an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department of Human Resources (Iqaluit)
Government of Nunavut
P.O. Box 1000, Station 430 Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Toll Free: 1-888-668-9993