New job CASUAL INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT- HEALTH CARE AIDE PROGRAM (REGIONAL SITES) in Alberta
CASUAL INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT- HEALTH CARE AIDE PROGRAM (REGIONAL SITES)
Company : NORQUEST COLLEGE
Salary : $27.89 - $36.23 an hour
Location : Alberta
Job Description: CAUSAL INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT - HEALTH CARE AIDE PROGRAM (BARRHEAD-WESTLOCK)
HEALTH AND COMMUNITY STUDIES
Our students come to us with the goal of improving the quality of life for themselves as well as for those around them. Are you looking for an opportunity to help them achieve that goal? If so, consider joining the NorQuest College team as an Instructional Assistant for the Health Care Aide Careers Program. As an integral part of our division, you will facilitate student learning in the lab and out in the practical setting and provide feedback on their overall performance.
This is a casual opportunity which will begin in September 2021 and run until August 2022 in the Barrhead-Westlock region. The successful candidate will be required to work approximately 100 total hours during weekday afternoons for lab instruction, and full days Monday to Friday for 200 hours of clinical practicum.
How you'll make a difference*
- Set up for lab experiences according to the timetable
- Provide instructional assistance in the lab setting, by demonstrating and assisting students to learn clinical skills, knowledge, and attitude
- Assist with lab assessments and record keeping
- Assist students in clinical practicum under the supervision of the instructor
- Assist in remediation activities for learners
- Arrange for printing and duplicating of educational materials
- Proctor exams
- Order and organize lab supplies
- Keep instructional team apprised of student progress, lab equipment status, lab supplies, and lab materials
- Mentoring students while on practicum to increase student success is key component of this position
- Undertake projects and/or related duties as required
What you bring*
Must be currently registered with CLPNA
- Completion of Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate or Diploma
- Interest in working in an education setting
What makes you a difference maker: *
Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to contribute to a positive team culture, working collaboratively with others and paying attention to how the team supports its members.
- Ability to show empathy and sensitivity to and understanding of other perspectives.
- Superior oral communication skills demonstrating the ability to articulate key messages effectively and employ active listening techniques.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to choose and utilize appropriate technology to enhance communications.
- Ability to plan and effectively manage a high volume of work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to respect and relate to people from varied backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and abilities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook); comfortable and adaptable to other computer applications.
Successful candidates are required to provide the following:
- A Police Information Check within the last ninety days
- A Vulnerable Sectors Check within the last ninety days
- Up to date immunization records
SALARY: $27.89 - $36.23 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This opportunity also includes 11.2% in lieu of vacation and benefits.
COMPETITION NUMBER: *2021-3103
CLOSING DATE: *Open until suitable candidates are found.
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Casual