New job Carpenters and Carpentry apprentices in British Columbia
Carpenters and Carpentry apprentices
Company : Brandvold Construction
Salary : $20 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Looking to hire Full-time Site Leads, Carpenters, Carpentry Apprentices and Basic Labors for small, client focused, construction company.
- Willing to travel to sites between Deep Cove-Squamish; Have valid class 5 driver’s license with reliable private transportation to get to our works yard.
- New Construction / Renovations / Building Maintenance / Cane Services
- Previous experience in high-end custom residential is a plus, as is occupational first aid
- Competitive wages with benefits after 3 months. Company sponsored team building events. We believe in a healthy work / life balance because we know healthy and happy team members produce their best quality work. There is a reason most of our team members have been with us for years
- Positive work environment; Our team loves what they do and it shows
- Job Security; Since the company started in 2007 our crews have been known for producing quality work that clients are willing to wait in line for. Our crews get fully booked months in advance, this year has been no exception
o The ability to write and speak fluent English
o The legal right to work in Canada
o A clean criminal record
o Steel-toes safety boots and other PPE including breathing and hearing protection.
o Own set of basic tools
o Rain gear/ cold weather gear
o A commitment to constantly learning and improving yourself
o A good attitude and be able to work in a team environment as well as alone
o Effective interpersonal skills; reliability, punctuality, judgement, client focused
o The ability to do heavy lifting and be comfortable working on scaffolding and ladders
Some responsibilities (depending on position) will include but not limited to :
o Working from drawings or instructions from the Site Superintendent.
o Adherence to all company and WCB safety regulations.
o Residential demo, site clean-up.
o Build and install platforms, scaffolding, ramps and ladders.
o Exterior work including but not limited to decks, railings, windows, doors, porches, roofing, siding, excavations, waste removal, and landscaping.
o Interior Work including but not limited to foundations including ICF, floor beams, flooring, framework, drywall, cabinetry, tile, minor plumbing and electrical, and timberframe design.
o Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
o Working with/around heavy equipment such as excavators and cranes.
If you want to join a hardworking company that will treat you as part of the team please email us and lets start a discussion.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday