New job Buildings & Infrastructure Supervisor in Nunavut
Buildings & Infrastructure Supervisor
Company : Nasittuq Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
Nasittuq provides exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defence (DND).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
BUILDING & INFRASTRUCTURES SUPERVISOR
This position is responsible for the effective management of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of Alert site building and structures, heating and water treatment facilities, airfield operations equipment and the bulk fuel distribution equipment. This position will involve supervision of trades staff ensuring high level of productivity, maintenance of equipment/services/systems, and that all work is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Oversee the maintenance and service of all dynamic and static systems related to building operations in CFS Alert
- Oversee the inspection, monitoring, operation, maintenance and repair of the entire potable water system
- Oversee the collection and disposal functions of non-hazardous and solid waste at CFS Alert and the incineration and disposal of wastes at the CFS Alert landfills
- Develop, implement, maintain and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational plans, reports and deliverables
- Technical Degree or Diploma in engineering, facility management, building trade management or construction
- 5+ years experience in management of similar facility operations (multi-disciplinary facilities and service functions)
- Previous supervisory experience in the management of technical trades
- Previous experience in preventative maintenance, facility condition assessment and asset management programs
- 10+ years of overall work experience
- Strong work ethic, ability to manage multiple priorities, solid interpersonal, communications and documentation skills
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance and pass a pre-employment medical
- Must possess a valid passport to overnight in Thule, Greenland during on-route to CFS Alert, NU
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
The positions in Alert are Fly In/Fly out. Our permanent positions are 8x8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop,hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process .
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.