New job Bookkeeper in Ontario
Company : Black Professionals in Tech Network
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
*Employment Type: Full-time
*Report to: Financial Controller
Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is the largest Black professional tech network in North America. We bridge the “network gap" in the tech industry by providing Black tech and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, skill-building, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement. BPTN introduces partner companies to a network of Black tech talent to help them recruit, hire, and create a culture that will retain Black professionals.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the Bookkeeper is responsible for the daily activities of the accounting department including calculating costs and preparing bills and invoices, tracking all money the company receives and spends including month-end and year-end procedures, recording figures in a database, manage files and answer questions from clients. The Bookkeeper is a trustworthy and methodical individual who works well independently.
- Track all money coming into and going out of the company, including payroll (AP/AR)
- Accurately maintain the daily records of cash activities, bill payments, banking payrolls, insurance, and vendor interactions.
- Maintain books of account (including but not limited to preparing cheques, coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash)
- Maintain month and year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews with support from the Financial Controller
- Arrange payment for goods and services
- Calculating costs and preparing bills and invoices
- Prepare budgets estimating how much money the company will spend and receive in the coming months.
- Data entry including recording figures in the database
- Manage files and answer questions from clients
- Submit accurate tax forms to the government on time including GST
- Write reports that summarize the company’s finances for management
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Perform other administrative duties as related to role
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Accounting, Professional Bookkeeping, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in business management and bookkeeping
- CGA designation preferred
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Quick-books and Excel
- Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Experience assisting with major purchases
- Good memory and works well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with clients
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Competitive salaries
- Health Benefits
- Lifestyle & Wellness spending account
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Group retirement savings, employer-matched RRSP contributions
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time