New job Bookkeeper - Bilingual in Quebec
Bookkeeper - Bilingual
Company : Find Our Bookkeeper™
Salary : $20 - $25 an hour
Location : Quebec
We are looking for a Bilingual (French and English) Bookkeeper for our client in Saint-Lazare Quebec, that services clients remotely across the province.
This is a permanent opportunity and working for approximately 30-35 hours per week. This is a remote opportunity that would require occasional in-person meetings with the owner, so the right bookkeeper must be located within 50km of Saint-Lazare QC (ON or QC).
The bookkeeper we are looking for will be:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications
- Eager and has a growth and learning mindset, willing to learn
- Organized and able to take initiative
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce and maintain
- Confident to work in support for multiple clients and deadlines across various industries, simultaneously
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately
- Effective and professional in communicating with clients and partners verbally and in writing using English and French
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full charge bookkeeping: Support in end-to-end bookkeeping for multiple businesses specifically E-commerce and retail industry
- Payroll Management support
- Maintenance of electronic document storage
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST/HST and QST
- Work with English and French forms
Qualification that you need are:
- A minimum of 2 years accounting and bookkeeping experience, preferably within a multiple business support organization (i.e. you have worked on multiple clients’ accounts at any given time) such as another accounting firm
- Fully bilingual in English and French, written and verbal
- Familiarity with E-commerce and how sales tax works across Canada
- Post-secondary education in accounting (Certificate or diploma)
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (Preferred)
- Experience with Dext/Receipt Bank or other AP/AR and Bill payments software (asset)
- Experience with ClickUp or other CRM or Project Management software (asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel
- Familiarity with payroll systems including - (Wagepoint , ADP, Ceridian)
Why is this a great place to work at?
- New firm, with opportunity to grow with the business
- Willing to train the right candidate in various areas to expand knowledge and skills
- Work side by side with owner to help grow this firm
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A bit about Find Our Bookkeeper™
We are Watkin Small Business Services, an accounting services firm that has developed a recruitment and referral services program called Find Our Bookkeeper™ where we work with businesses, and accounting firms, who are looking for skilled bookkeepers. We work to connect a business, or accounting firm, with a qualified, talented and driven bookkeeper that is the right fit for the business' needs, industry and goals, and where the business is also a good fit for the bookkeeper. We are NOT a placement or employment agency.
To learn more about our program and how we work with businesses and bookkeepers go to https://findourbookkeeper.ca.
Reference ID: 0421-2
Reference ID: FOB-0421-2
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- QuickBooks Online: 2 years (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (preferred)
- French (preferred)