New job Aircraft Fueling Services Operator in Newfoundland and Labrador
Aircraft Fueling Services Operator
Company : Inland Technologies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Aircraft Fueling Services Operator
YYT – St. John’s International Airport
The members of the Inland Group of Companies (Inland Technologies, IDS and Quantem Aviation Services) are highly experienced in environmental management, aircraft de-icing, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in four countries. Inland Technologies core business is the delivery of airport environmental compliance programs. We are continuously innovating the technologies we use to provide our range of services including, spent aircraft de-icing fluid collection and recycling, wastewater management, and aircraft de-icing fluid manufacturing for reuse.
Our business is built on a foundation of excellence in customer service, innovation and continuous improvement and safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We provide a workplace where respect, integrity and a high degree of ethical behaviour is a minimum expectation. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at: www.inlandgroup.ca
We are currently providing an opportunity for a well-rounded safety focused individual to join our team in the position of Aircraft Fueling Services Operator at our YYT St. John’s International Airport station.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about safety, doesn’t shy away from a challenge and is comfortable working in an environment where the noise level can be excessive at times.
About the Position:
Aside from the excitement of working in all weather (SNOW, RAIN, WIND, and whatever else Mother Nature deems necessary), the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Promote and adhere to our safety and respectful workplace culture and instill this culture in the station while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance with all Government Labour, Health and Safety laws, regulations and policies. HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR UNSAFE ACTS!;
- Plan and carry out work assignments and handle problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training or accepted company practices and procedures;
- Keep all Inland owned or managed equipment, tools and materials in good working condition, including keeping clean and returning to assigned storage areas when not in use;
- Perform daily Vehicle walk-around inspections, fuel testing inspections on vehicles and tank farm equipment utilizing appropriate checklists;
- Follow Equipment Fueling, Aircraft Re-fueling and Tank Farm SOP’s;
- Ensure accurate accounting of ALL fuel transactions;
- Calculate fuel distribution for a variety of aircraft;
- Ensure the correct loading and balancing of fuel;
- Professionally communicate with airport authority, outside contractor(s) and other stakeholders professionally while representing yourself in the best image for the Company;
- Operate equipment within close proximity to airfield personnel, aircraft and other airfield equipment safely and efficiently;
- Be alert and aware of other apron traffic, and to only begin refueling when it can be done safely without interfering with aircraft movement. AIRCRAFT ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY;
- Promptly and accurately complete all associated paperwork as required;
- Perform and record light maintenance tasks on Vehicles and Equipment and immediately report any repair requirements;
- Perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by management request.
Please Note: This position requires the ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC), and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP).
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company insurance standards;
- Valid certificate in the Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) and workplace hazardous materials information system’s (WHMIS) considered an asset;
- Successful completion of all classroom and on-the-job training;
- Must be available and flexible to work 12-hour shifts including weekends and holidays;
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Interpret documents including safety rules, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals;
Mathematical competence with ability to:
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s;
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Compute rate, ratio and percent.
- General mechanical competence and ability to effectively use hand tools;
- Work as part of a team and maintain a positive and good-natured attitude;
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met;
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change in order to support the growth of the company and meet needs of customers.
At Inland, we offer the following benefits, some of which are subject to eligibility:
- A rewarding and safe work environment (company provided PPE);
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching;
- Growth and advancement opportunities for high potential employees;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Access to group rates and discounts.
If you are a self-starter who is committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction and your experience and ability meet with the above minimum requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to the Inland HR Team, quoting posting number 21-39. Full job description available upon request.
Please apply online.
Inland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.