New job Aircraft De-icer/ Equipment Operator - YHZ in Nova Scotia
Aircraft De-icer/ Equipment Operator - YHZ
Company : Inland Technologies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Aircraft De-icer/Equipment Operator
YHZ – Halifax Stanfield International Airport
The members of the Inland Group of Companies (IDS, Inland Technologies and Quantem Aviation Services) are highly experienced in aircraft de-icing, environmental management, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in four countries. Through our IDS brand we provide aircraft de-icing and anti-icing services at more than 20 stations throughout Canada, the United States and Europe. Last season alone, we collectively de-iced/anti-iced more than 50,000 aircraft.
Our business is built on a foundation of excellence in customer service, innovation and continuous improvement and safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We provide a workplace where respect, integrity and a high degree of ethical behaviour is a minimum expectation. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at: www.inlandgroup.ca
We are currently providing an opportunity for a well-rounded, detail oriented and focused professional to join our team in the position of Aircraft De-icer/ Equipment Operator responsible for the safe and efficient operation of aircraft de-icing trucks and glycol recovery vehicles during inclement weather while ensuring the well-being of self and all internal and external stakeholders at YHZ Halifax Stanfield International Airport station.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is excited by the opportunity to work in inclement weather (SNOW, RAIN, WIND, and whatever else Mother Nature deems necessary for the season) that occurs at any time of the day or night and, as we all know, weather in Halifax works on weekends and holidays and, as a result, so do we when it’s required. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in an environment where the noise level can be excessive at times. To see us in action, please click this link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/401377875
About the Position:
Aside from the excitement of working in all weather, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Promoting and adhering to our safety and respectful workplace culture and instilling this culture in the station while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance with all Government Labour, Health and Safety laws, regulations and policies. HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR UNSAFE ACTS!;
- Uphold and follow the duties related to de/anti-icing aircraft according to procedures for both airlines and Inland (including inspecting aircraft for frozen contamination);
- Routinely inspect de-icing surfaces while on shift, and promptly collect spent aircraft de-icing fluid (ADF) well before the risk of fluid escape;
- Participate in pre-planning for de/anti-icing and ADF recovery events by performing checks on equipment and servicing equipment with fuel or glycol;
- Operate equipment within close proximity to airfield personnel, aircraft and other airfield equipment safely and efficiently;
- Be alert and aware of other apron traffic, and to only begin when it can be done safely without interfering with aircraft movement. AIRCRAFT ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY;
- Professionally communicate with aircraft operators (pilots), spraying operators, GRV operators, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner via two-way radio;
- Ensure proper shutdown of pads, including paperwork and log books; that all maintenance issues have been logged and reported to maintenance and all proper shutdown procedures for the equipment are followed;
- Testing of aircraft de-icing fluids as required;
- Promote the best interest of the company by fostering goodwill and support between Inland and its customers ensuring that Inland’s policy of superior service and satisfaction are met;
- Foster a team environment and create a “group culture”;
- Drive and maintain a high level of efficiency and productivity;
- Additional job duties as assigned by management.
Please Note: This position requires the ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC), Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) and a ROC-A (Radio Operator Certificate-Aeronautical) license.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts (8 – 12 hours) including weekends and holidays for the duration of the de-icing season (October 1st to May 31st);
- Must be comfortable operating large vehicles during inclement weather in constricted areas;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Company insurance standards;
- Successful completion of IDS’s extensive de-icing training program which includes classroom and on-the-job training;
- Ability to work at and climb to heights of up to 15 feet;
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use Inland’s independent computer program “Ice Link – Aircraft Ground De-icing Management System”;
- The ability to use an iPad and/or laptop;
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Ability to interpret documents including safety rules, operating and procedure manuals;
- General mechanical competence and ability to effectively use hand tools;
- Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure and within fixed time constraints;
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change in order to support the growth of the company and meet needs of customers.
At Inland, we offer the following benefits, some of which are subject to eligibility:
- A rewarding and safe work environment (company provided PPE);
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching;
- Growth and advancement opportunities for high potential employees;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Access to group rates and discounts.
If you are a self-starter who is committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction and your experience and ability meet with the above minimum requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to the Inland HR Team, quoting posting number 21-50. Full job description available upon request.
Please apply online.
Inland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.