New job Advisor, Project Control and Audit (Temporary) in Alberta
Advisor, Project Control and Audit (Temporary)
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $960 a month
Location : Alberta
Position Type/ Hours:
This is a temporary full-time position working seventy (70) hours bi-weekly for approximately four (4) months within the Accounting Services Branch of the Financial Services Department. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
Reporting to the Supervisor Taxation, the Project Control and Audit Advisor prepares and conducts assurance and advisory audits and reviews a variety of services and capital projects, in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors. The incumbent is also responsible for the collection, assembly, and submission of the Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) for the wildfire recovery phase. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Program Development: Assists the Project Services Manager with program service delivery with direct involvement in daily operations and administration. Researches and assists with the development and implementation of departmental strategies, tools, administrative procedures based on best practices for continuous improvement.
Departmental Advice: Acts as a departmental advisor to provide technical and functional guidance regarding policies, procedures, program implementation, and legislation to management and other staff. This advice will ensure consistent, innovative, and legislatively compliant administrative guidelines, policies, procedures, and precedents.
Service Delivery: Performs internal controls and guideline assessments associated with recovery projects. Completes recovery phase vendor audits to ensure compliance with contracts and agreements. Analyzes project cost trends and present to stakeholders in a comprehensive, complete, and timely fashion, including proactive investigation of causes of variances between estimated and actual amounts and recommend solutions. Supports project closeout by identifying areas for improvement, communicating lessons learned and preparation of closeout reports. Liaises with Government of Alberta representatives regarding DRP and recovery of costs. Reconciles all reimbursement submissions to the Government of Alberta.
Wildfire Recovery: The incumbent will align all daily activities with the RMWB 2016 Wildfire Recovery Plan and the RMWB 2016 Wildfire Recovery Campaign Plan to ensure desired outcomes are achieved. These documents outline the primary objectives of recovery: to enhance the well-being of RMWB residents; assess and remediate the environmental impacts of the wildfires; reinvigorate economic activity in the region; enable rapid, safe, efficient, and compliant rebuilding activities to address and repair wildfire damages; and, to implement mitigation measures with a view to improving resiliency.
- A degree in Business Administration or Commerce, combined with an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), is required.
- Auditing (CIA, CISA, etc.) designation is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a project control or audit environment.
- Experience working in a public-sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
You will possess the following:
- Proven ability to be discreet and keep all information and documentation strictly confidential is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and manage conflict.
- Strong decision- making skills.
- Strong critical thinking, business analysis, research, writing and verbal skills.
- Strong financial literacy, numerical and analytical skills and understanding of cost control systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and as part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
- Knowledge of local government issues and municipal policies and practices is an asset.
- A strong commitment to the recovery of our community and a positive, results-focused attitude is required.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer:
- an additional bi-weekly payment of $480, which represents a cost of living allowance
August 22, 2021, at 11:59 PM
Internal & External (Posted: August 7, 2021)
To apply: Please visit our website at www.rmwb.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.