New job Administrative Assistant in Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $3,723 - $4,559 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 15722
Ministry: Service Alberta
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: August 30, 2021
Classification: Administrative Support 5
Every Service Albertan strives to enable the success of our Ministry partners and Albertans through providing exceptional client focused services that meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. We are looking for collaborative, agile, solutions focused individuals with strong communication skills and a strong service orientation. If that describes you, please read on!
As the Administrative Assistant, you will provide executive administrative support to the executive management through the management of the daily operations of the office. Areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting executive management with calendar scheduling, coordinating meeting materials, and agenda preparation
- Creating various types of documents (letters, tables, reports, etc.)
- Drafting correspondence
- Tracking action request timelines and coordinating with other department staff on timeline extensions and completing requests for information, and ensuring that branch staff are aware of establishment correspondence guidelines and communication protocols
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies and equipment
- Reviewing and assisting in preparing budget reports
- Ensuring that contracts and supporting documentation are completed accurately and within timelines
- Contacting contract vendors and staff to resolve billing errors
- Booking travel arrangements, rental vehicles, catering and meeting rooms
- Preparing for meetings, taking minutes, and distributing documents
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies
- Handling highly sensitive and confidential information
To be successful in this position you must:
- Be reliable and independent
- Have good writing and grammar skills
- Have good organizational and time management skills
- Have good communications skills, both written and verbal
High school diploma plus three years of progressively related administrative experience, including proficiency working with offices of executive management is required. See below for equivalencies.
Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines is required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
The following will be considered as assets:
- Experience with 1GX
- Knowledge of contract management and budgeting
Related experience or education considered on the basis of: one year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
Creative Problem Solving: you will assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
Agility: you will need to provide results in a complex, diverse and changing environment.
Drive for Results: you will work with your team to set goals and priorities and to deliver outcomes that are consistent with the direction of the department.
Develop Self and Others: you will drive by example a team culture that is focused on continuous learning and growth and encourage self-development through experience sharing.
Build Collaborative Environments: you will liaise between business units, client ministries and contracted services ensuring business goals and client requirements are fulfilled.
Develop Networks: you will seek out input from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to solve complex problems and provide the best solutions.
Systems Thinking: you will consider the whole system when developing, evaluating and implementing process and technology change.
$1,861.71 - $2,279.37 bi-weekly ($48,590 - $59,491 / year)
This position is located at Commerce Place, 10155 102 St NW.
What we offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plan: Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Liliane Karara at Liliane.Karara@gov.ab.ca.
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check