New job Accounting Technician, Assurance and Accounting in Manitoba
Accounting Technician, Assurance and Accounting
Company : MNP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as an Accounting Technician. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
- Assist with compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare and maintain government remittances/filings, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Communicate with the government regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
- Flexibility to work remotely may be considered
Skills and Experience
- Accounting certificate or bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is considered an asset)
- Entry level to 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience preparing T4s and T5s and knowledge of personal and corporate tax is preferred
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!