New job Accounting Clerk II Eastern Health in Mount Pearl, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Accounting Clerk II Eastern Health in Mount Pearl, NL Yesterday New!
Company : Eastern Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Location: Mount Pearl Square
Accounting Clerk II
Temporary, Full Time (Until August 30, 2022 with the possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hours)
Salary: CG-26 ($22.90 - $25.35)
Competition Number: 2021004759
Posted Date: 20 August 2021
Closing Date: 27 August 2021
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Accounting Clerk II performs duties related to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and/or Resident Trust. Work may include preparing and submitting invoices for services provided to patients/residents/clients; retrieving data from various specialized information systems; reviewing data for completeness and accuracy; following up on unpaid accounts; and preparing monthly journal entries. This position may process vendor invoices, road ambulance claims, and/or maintain resident trust fund accounts for various long term care facilities. Other responsibilities may include analyzing vendor invoices in accordance with documents and directives received, policies and procedures and general accounting principles; preparing monthly reports; assisting in preparing audit working paper files; and maintaining filing systems; as well as other related duties as required. This position requires communication and collaboration with related parties which may include patients, clients, vendors, physicians, ambulance operators, government agencies as well as managers and employees of Eastern Health.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifts files and supplies weighing less than 10 lbs.
- Occasional required to bend, and stretch to retrieve and return files.
- A high level of concentration and precision required to prepare calculations, input data, audit records and review assessments while sitting and using a computer mouse.
- Completion of a recognized/approved two-year Business Administration program* with a specialization in Accounting supplemented by one year of accounting experience within the last three years OR a three-year Business Management program specializing in Accounting is required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and the ability to meet strict timelines.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with a high degree of independence and initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated a high degree of accuracy of work produced.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (specifically Excel and Word).
- An Excel score of 60% is required. A basic Excel test may be administered by the Department of Human Resources.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Proof of a current business administration program is required. To be considered current, the program must have been completed within the last three years, unless it is being used on a regular basis in recent positions. This must be demonstrated on the application form.
- Program must be recognized by Eastern Health Human Resources.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.