New job Intermediate Process Engineer /Project Manager in Manitoba
Intermediate Process Engineer /Project Manager
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Want to be an integral part of a team that delivers unique projects that make a difference in your community?
Here’s your chance to support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients across Canada and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. An opportunity exists to grow your technical and project management skills by joining a dynamic and growing team in Winnipeg, one of Canada’s most culturally diverse cities. If you have been searching for a career changing opportunity and are interested in working with industry leading experts, you’ll find it here.
As an Intermediate Process Engineer and Project Manager in Winnipeg, MB, you will work with members of our team to deliver ongoing and upcoming projects in the water industry. You will play a key role in growing the local office by establishing long term client relationships, supporting our business development activities, and mentoring junior staff.
As an Intermediate Process Engineer, you will draw on the knowledge of our technical subject matter experts to lead or support drinking water, wastewater, reuse, and/or industrial treatment process planning, modeling, and design. Your experience in hydraulics, water chemistry and quality, and treatment processes and equipment will be used to produce meaningful solutions to local, regional, and national treatment project challenges based on applicable regulations, and established standards and software. You will participate in or supervise the development of water industry related engineering studies, reports, drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, and cost estimates with minimal direction; and provide construction administration services and field engineering services during construction as needed.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing projects, communicating with clients and other key stakeholders, managing overall work progress, and leading technical performance on projects. You will lead the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other requirements stated in the contract.
At Jacobs, we provide the opportunity to design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. Submit a cover letter and resume to begin your journey.Here’s What You’ll Need:
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Environmental, Biosystems, Mechanical or Civil Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) as a professional engineer in the Province of Manitoba
- 10+ years of progressive treatment process engineering experience working on municipal and industrial water industry projects, or similar water industry public- or private-sector experience
- Demonstrated understanding of process and process mechanical design and water unit processes and technologies
- Experience delivering design projects and construction-phase engineering services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, self motivation, and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- 10+ years of directly applicable experience working with municipal clients in engineering or project management roles
- 8+ years working in a consulting engineering environment
- Experience assisting project managers and multidisciplinary and multi-office project teams on projects
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple disciplines on projects, including the ability to successfully manage scope, schedule, and budget
- Experience with water and/or wastewater modelling software
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.