New job Technical Service Representative in Manitoba
Technical Service Representative
Company : Compugen Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Compugen is Canada's largest privately-owned and operated Information Technology (IT) solution provider with extensive service and support resources. Our vision is to “simplify the business of technology, together” by focusing on business objectives and outcomes, aligning the most relevant and effective IT solutions to meet those requirements and providing extraordinary ongoing support capabilities.
Every day, over 1500 dedicated employees across Canada focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. Since 1981, the Compugen team has developed a strong reputation with market-leading vendors and customers, for creating, implementing and supporting creative IT solutions that delight thousands of customers.
We welcome the best and the brightest. If you love the thrill of solving complex problems.
The Technical Services Representative 2 plays a key role to our organization’s success. This position is responsible for the deployment, installation, and upgrade of Computer desktops, workstations, printers, peripherals as well as associated operating systems and application software at the desktop level. Included is the troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software failures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting to determine and resolve the root cause of most hardware or software malfunctions at the desktop level.
- Perform hardware warranty and non-warranty repairs of desktops, notebooks, servers and printers
- Perform complex moves, adds, changes of computer equipment
- Perform complex hardware and/or software upgrades to existing equipment
- Perform network connections for desktops and printers
- Outsourcing to client sites as required
- Responsible to maintain and update major vendor (HP/Compaq, IBM, Lenovo, Lexmark, Toshiba, etc.) certifications
- Mandatory on call requirement
- Must pass Security Clearance check
- A+ Certification
- Three or more major vendor hardware certifications (HP/Compaq, IBM, Lenovo, Lexmark, Toshiba, etc.) a must.
- 3 years of related job experience
- Experience with current Operating Systems
- Experience with troubleshooting to determine and resolve problems with laser printers (major manufacturer’s brands) a must.
- Experience with imaging and re-imaging of desktop and laptop computers
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance
- Must be able to drive for long periods as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven sense of urgency to complete tasks and assignments
- Ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately
- Good time management skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Have access to a vehicle
- Standard work hours are: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Entitle to one, half an hour(0.50 hr) lunch break
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities
- May be required to work overtime, with paid compensation based on the Employment Standards Act of overtime payment for the province they reside in.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs.