New job Supervisor - Family Services in Yukon
Supervisor - Family Services
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $90,020 - $104,504 a year
Location : Yukon
- Note: Government of Yukon does not participate in the 2020 Yukon Immigration Pilot Program (applicants must be authorized to work in Canada prior to applying).
Family and Children's Services Branch is looking for an individual who is motivated, energetic, and has strong supervisory skills in combination with extensive child welfare knowledge and experience. We are seeking an individual that is committed to leading a team of professionals in ensuring that mandated support services and preventative approaches are being provided to children and their families. This individual will need to have the ability to work collaboratively with First Nation governments and their citizens when providing these support services and other programs within their communities. If you are this individual, we look forward to hearing from you.
As a member of the Family Services unit, you will provide leadership and casework supervision, while supporting continuous quality improvement processes, to better serve our clients. You will ensure the effective delivery of investigative, assessment, preventive, and support services to children and their families that are at risk of abuse/or neglect.
Your Yukon can be whatever you make it. Discover a wealth of outdoor pursuits, creative and arts communities, living history and a vibrant capital city that has all the amenities of a much larger urban centre. What’s your Yukon going to be? Look here for ideas Travel Yukon
Who We Are
Yukon’s Department of Health and Social Services aims to promote, protect, and enhance the well-being of Yukon people through a continuum of quality, accessible, and appropriate health and social services.
To find out why we are one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers or to find out more about us, Yukon life, and our programs please follow this link: here
For more information about this position, please contact Leeann Kayseas, Manager Family Services at email@example.com
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Sachin Shetty, Human Resources Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-recruitment, found at here. Please create an account to upload your resume.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications listed below. Ensure a month/year format is used throughout your resume. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Considerable experience in child welfare and protection work environment; and,
- Demonstrated leadership and experience supervising staff; including coaching, promotion of team morale, and focus on client-centred productivity to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated strong relationship building and experience in working with First Nation Governments and communities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships with staff, other government agencies and private agencies while working as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Achieves results through managing a diverse and complex workload with ability to deliver on accountabilities;
- Problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills in order to make and modify operational decisions; and,
- A genuine interest in cultivating learning and growth of others with a focus on developmental intent and effect.
- A strong understanding of Yukon First Nations
- A strong understanding around current changes to the child welfare systems based on the recommendations of the TRC,MMIWG, and the Human Rights tribunal
Conditions of Employment:
- Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector and Child welfare check,
- Valid Class 5 Drivers' Licence or equivalent, and
- Verification of Bachelor of Social Work degree,