New job Senior Financial Analyst in Nova Scotia
Senior Financial Analyst
Company : IWK Health Centre
Salary : $32.59 - $40.74 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Department/Program: General Accounting, Financial Services
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Req ID: 113368
Union Status: Non-union, Management/Non Union Bargaining Unit
Compensation: $32.5932 - $40.7415/hour
Posting Date: June 4, 2021
Closing Date: June 13, 2021
Start Date: 07/05/2021
IWK Health is an internationally recognized and respected academic health sciences centre located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care for two million women, children, youth and families across the Atlantic region. The IWK is committed to a workplace where our staff, physicians, learners and volunteers reflect the patients, families and communities that we serve. We seek and encourage applicants who reflect our broad diversity, and we are committed to reducing barriers to employment and career growth.
Reporting to the Team Lead, General Accounting & Capital within the Financial Services & Treasury Department, the Senior Financial Analyst (“SFA”) is a key link between financial services and the clinical and non-clinical programs throughout the IWK. This role will work amongst a team of professionals to source and foster innovative solutions to problems and is expected to be able to advise programs on all aspects of accounting and finance.
The SFA will be responsible for detailed analysis of the organization’s Financial Statements which will include monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation, journal entry review and approval as well as preparation and reconciliation of the organization’s monthly tangible capital asset entries and schedules. This position will play a key role in the preparation of the monthly general ledger close as well as coordination and preparation of year-end working papers for the organization’s auditors.
The SFA will work to enhance and make recommendations for improvements to the service delivery model of the department. As part of the Client Experience team, this position will play an integral role liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to find answers and deliver solutions. This will require knowledge of the principles of accounting within the public sector as well as health care administration and the policies of both the clinical and non-clinical functional areas. Working collaboratively with all portfolios this role will be a resource to aid management in making sound, evidence-based decisions to attain and maintain an effective control environment.
We will be seeking the most ideal and exceptional candidate, with very specific personal characteristics – someone with a genuine passion for the patients, families, staff and community of the IWK; someone who thrives on exploring new and creative solutions to existing and new challenges; and someone who is capable of working on their own and willing to go above and beyond for the intrinsic and fulfilling rewards of working for such a great organization.
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday; 7.5 hour days
- Graduate of a recognized accounting diploma or degree program required.
- CPA Designation required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of financial reporting and analysis experience required.
- Possesses a solid understanding of general accounting and internal controls.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to engage with and mentor staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work with limited supervision required.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills are a necessity.
- Extensive computer skills, particularly with MS Excel required.
- SAP reporting experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in a hospital, government or non-profit setting and/or with Public Sector Accounting is considered asset.
- Familiarity with MIS standards is considered an asset.
- Competency in other languages will be considered an asset; French preferred.
Thank you for your interest with the IWK Health. Please sign in to create a profile and set-up Job Alerts for positions of interest.
Please Note: If you are an employee of the IWK Health, please apply through the internal careers page to ensure you are flagged as an internal applicant. Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.