New job Research Analyst in British Columbia
Company : Crestview Strategy
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
We are Crestview Strategy, a public affairs agency. Based out of our offices across Canada, in the United States and the United Kingdom, we are an international firm serving clients around the world. We work with some of the largest companies in the world on a variety of interesting and complicated issues.
Our Digital, Campaigns, and Mobilization practice is growing, and we are looking to add a new Research Analyst to help us mobilize communities, advocate for public policy changes, and deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients. We are looking for a talented, motivated individual seeking to use their research and analysis experience to give our clients the edge in the complex world of public affairs.
You will be working with a team of digital campaign experts who will partner with you to make their campaigns exceptional. They need a teammate who is self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities.
You will be joining a growth-minded agency. If you have a growth mindset and want to learn every day, we’re the right place. If you are entrepreneurial and are motivated to help us grow as a business, we’re the right place. If you want to work with an exceptionally motivated, hard-working, and smart team that tackles tough problems every day, we’re the right fit.
- 2-3 years of experience in research, investigation, and the digital tools to find and analyze information in the public realm.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and present a coherent narrative from information gained through secondary source research.
- Hands on experience with new age digital platforms, and comfortable compiling basic statistical reports.
- Leverage from a diverse range of life and work experience and share with us how they will apply that experience in politics and/or public affairs research and analysis.
- We offer the opportunity to work on challenging, comprehensive files as part of a team of experienced professionals.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects with others, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and establish procedures for good information management and research.
- Experience working with various open information sources (OSINT, media, social media, databases etc.) and providing deep analysis of those sources.
- Experience or willingness to learn basic data analysis and data visualization skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, objectivity, and precision as reflected in top quality research and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals.
- Previous experience in law enforcement, intelligence gathering, investigations, investigative reporting or due diligence is an asset.
You would be based at either our Vancouver, Toronto, or Ottawa office. You would be working on a team that has members distributed across Canada and the United Kingdom—even when post-pandemic life begins, you will spend significant time working with team members virtually. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when it is safe to do so.
Most jurisdictions in Canada have compliance obligations for those who have previously served in government. Please indicate in your cover letter what, if any, lobbying or ethics compliance obligations currently apply to you. You may be required to register to perform grassroots advocacy work.
At Crestview Strategy, we welcome diverse and innovative thinking, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you thrive for opportunity and growth in a dynamic environment, and are passionate about civic engagement, we would love to hear from you!
Crestview Strategy thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time