New job Rehabilitation Assistant in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $67,026 - $77,607 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill one (1) Full Time Permanent, two (2) 1 year term, full time positions working 75-hours bi-weekly and one (1) Auxiliary On-Call position
An eligibility list will be established to fill future vacancies, including anticipatory permanent positions.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to provide clinical care services for residents/clients that live in our Long Term Care facilities and access service from our Home Care program, who have physical, cognitive, social and/or emotional impairments.
The Rehabilitation Assistant functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team in meeting the needs of residents/clients. Under the direction of a physiotherapist, occupational therapist and/or speech-language pathologist, the Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for providing rehabilitation programs and/or activities to enhance, maintain, improve, or restore the ability to participate in meaningful activities of daily living. This position may also provide training to staff working throughout the Continuing Care division.
Who We Are
Yukon’s Department of Health and Social Services aims to promote, protect, and enhance the well-being of Yukon people through a continuum of quality, accessible, and appropriate health and social services. Continuing Care’s philosophy is:
“Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents and clients, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living. “
For more information about the position, please contact Heidi Croucher, A/Manager, Community Care at 867.332.3240 or Heidi.Croucher@yukon.ca.
For more information about the competition or recruitment process, please contact Lisa Wallace, Human Resources Consultant at 867.332.3624 or Lisa.Wallace@yukon.ca.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. Resumes are only accepted through Yukon Government’s E-recruitment system. For more information on how to prepare your resume, please visit: Here
- An Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) or Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) diploma from an accredited Canadian program.
- Recent and relevant demonstrated experience providing direct patient care duties
- Experience providing treatment under the direction of a physiotherapist/occupational therapist/speech language pathologist in both a community environment and a long term care setting is an asset.
Candidates with a post secondary degree in a related healthcare field and considerable experience working under the direction of an occupational therapist/ physiotherapist/speech language pathologist may be considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to implement individual and group programs under the direction of a rehabilitation professional
- Ability to deal effectively with clients with challenging or conflicting situations
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with an emphasis on Yukon First Nation’s culture
- Ability to monitor and maintain equipment
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing challenging situations
- Ability to anticipate client’s unique needs
- Ability to be consistent and display a positive/helpful attitude
- Ability to work well under the clinical direction provided by rehabilitation professionals and complete associated assigned tasks
- Knowledge of occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech language pathology practice
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary team managing competing demands from multiple assigning rehabilitation professionals
Conditions of Employment - RCMP Security Clearance with vulnerable sector, WHMIS 2015, CPR level C, recent TB screening
Job Requirements - Lifting up to 50 lbs, client transfers, exposure to latex, second hand smoke, pets, infectious agents, and supporting clients with high levels of emotional needs and stress.