New job Purchaser in Alberta
Company : North American Construction Group Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
This is a 12 month maternity leave coverage.
- Perform and complete purchases for all areas of the Business; Operations, Corporate and Asset Management of direct charge and inventory items including; associated parts for heavy and light equipment, consumables, small tools, service subcontractors, minor equipment rentals, and services within service level definitions, including maintaining up-to-date records of WCB and insurance for contractors.
- Management of the purchase order process for financial accuracy and timeliness of ensuring supply and services meet requirements, holdback and payment terms are properly set up and tracked to the proper accounts, and proper tax codes are utilized.
- Liaison with supplier and business unit representatives to ensure goods and services meet quality standards and on time.
- Administers and maintains an effective expediting program to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Review, investigate and cooperate with the all Business areas to resolve outstanding invoices to ensure there are no recorded 60-90 day invoices by monitoring and measuring supplier performance.
- Review and provide resolution to the “Open Order” report, expedite, close and/or cancel aged purchase orders.
- Effectively communicate and interface with all areas of business and deliver a high standard of internal customer service; (Procurement, Warehousing, Finance, Shared Services, Asset Management and Operations), process changes, analysis of issues, investigation and issue resolution and provide direction for improvements.
- Demonstrate strong team building skills.
- Execute integrated procurement management systems and processes to support the needs of the business.
- Weekend On-Call as required.
- Ensure operational compliance of NACG Procurement management policies and procedures, SOX and Audit Requirements, including reporting, data analysis and testing.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules, government regulations and NACG policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 with additional post secondary education or equivalent experience relating to procurement.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with ERP systems focused on Inventory and Procurement modules. (ideally JDE 8.12)
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience with a focus on heavy equipment maintenance.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent business and technical experience relating to heavy equipment inventory / parts management, warehousing and procurement.
- Professional certification would be and asset, SCMP or APICS.
- Working knowledge of financial transactions and impacts as related to inventory
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem solving skills and sound decision making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience and knowledge of Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of parts related to heavy equipment maintenance.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of working in an ERP system (JD Edwards preferred)
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have experience as requested in the job description above
- Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Health Assessment (position dependent)
- Audiometric Testing (position dependent)
- Vision Screening (position dependent)
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
- Copy of Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (position dependent)
- Copy of recent Driver’s Abstract (position dependent)
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
Become a member of the North American family today!