New job Project Manager in New Brunswick
Company : The Chapman Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
The Chapman Group is pleased to support our client with this recruitment.
The Fundy Trail Parkway, a not-for-project organization overseen by the Fundy Trail Development Authority Inc. (FTDA), is looking for a Project Manager to join the team on a two-year contract.
The Fundy Trail is a 2,559 hectare/6,323 acre park featuring a 30 km parkway hugging the southern coast of New Brunswick. With stunning views of the world-renowned Bay of Fundy, the park has been carved out of the Fundy escarpment, one of the last remaining coastal wilderness areas between Florida and Labrador.
About the job
With a vision of becoming a world-class tourism destination, the Fundy Trail Parkway is in growth mode. Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager will assist in positioning the Fundy Trail to move forward to achieve the success envisioned and become a key driver of New Brunswick's tourism and economic recovery.
- Provide and enhance top-quality visitor experiences that support the daily business systems and operation
- Uphold and support continued innovation, increasing the effectiveness/efficiency of the organization
- Nurture positive working relationships with staff
- Help oversee and evaluate projects/project deliverables that will enhance the sustainability of the park and strengthen the product offering
- Help ensure required tasks and team outputs are delivered with the highest standards
- Contribute to maintaining and further developing positive working relationships through collaboration with staff, key community, tourism, and government stakeholders
- Any other duties as required, including supporting and providing reports to the Board of Directors
- A university degree in business/public administration, commerce, tourism, or parks management
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience including a minimum of two (2) years supervisory and/or management or project management experience
- A commitment to customer service excellence
- Demonstration of experience in organizational effectiveness
- Strong financial management, communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Attention to priorities and timelines yet open and flexible to changing organizational needs
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
The following qualifications are considered an asset:
- Experience in a tourism or parks environment
- A certificate or experience in project management
- Bilingualism, both written and spoken competence in English and French
Work With Us
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Variable hours including days and evenings.