New job Program Officer / Manager in Newfoundland and Labrador
Program Officer / Manager
Company : Grow Twillingate Inc.
Salary : $45,000 - $50,000 a year
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Job Description: Program Officer / Manager
You are passionate about social innovation, arts, culture and heritage and you believe that the world needs special places and cultures in a world that is becoming more homogenous. You have a head for numbers, you are super organized, energetic and a proven leader. You can both rally the troops and join a team. Newfoundland Outport culture has a special place in your heart, and you want to play a role in the revitalization of rural Newfoundland and Labrador. If this resonates with you, please read on…
Grow Twillingate is a not-for-profit organization in Twillingate NL that is focused on social innovation through arts, culture and heritage, preserving Twillingate’s sense of place in a digital world. Its projects support the local economy and its cultural and tourism sectors. The organization is steered by a small board of directors.
Grow Twillingate’s largest projects are the Unscripted Twillingate Digital Arts Festival and Digital Arts Residency in Twillingate (DART) program. In addition to these projects, the organization also creates and manages other projects in support of the cultural sector in Twillingate. Its focus is on embracing progress through digital art and digital media as a way to preserve Twillingate’s unique heritage and sense of place.
The organization is looking for a Program Officer that can take the helm of the organization and manage its growth. The Program Officer will work with project contractors and community volunteers and with direction and support of the board.
The Program Officer will:
- oversee all operational aspects of Grow Twillingate Inc
- advise on strategy, develop an annual budget for board approval and manage the budget, generate operations reports and perform board administration duties
- advise on the development of new and existing programs and services
- develop project and funding proposals
- plan and manage all aspects of current and new projects.
- coordinate the digital production studio
- build and manage relationships with funders and stakeholders, which include government and private funders, industry associations and the local community of Twillingate.
- guide and oversee the activities of temporary staff and volunteers
- keep office administration and accounting up to date and liaise with accountant on annual statements
- take on any other responsibilities that are assigned which complement the Grow Twillingate mandate.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
- have proven experience in successfully planning and managing projects and events
- have excellent communication skills. Knowledge of digital media production and experience with community development will be a benefit
- be highly organized
- take initiative with advising the board on potential new projects
- have strong task structuring and delegation skills – a team leader and a team player
- thrive under pressure
- be competent in managing project accounting
- be willing to relocate to Twillingate
An interest in or experience with digital arts (photography, video & film, social media, music or other) will be a bonus.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, arts, or community development (preferred), but a combination of other relevant qualifications and work experience will be considered.
From June to October this is a full time position (40 hours a week) and from November to May the position will require 30 hours per week. Work schedules are flexible, and some work may be remote. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The scale of remuneration is between $45K - $50K a year, based on an average of 32 hours a week.
Reference ID: Program Officer GT 2021
Application deadline: 2021-06-21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Twillingate, NL (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- project management: 3 years (preferred)
- Driver's License (required)
- Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizenship status (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19