New job Probation Officer / Community Youth Worker in Saskatchewan
Probation Officer / Community Youth Worker
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $30.33 - $38.00 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
We have an opportunity for term employment as a Probation Officer/Community Youth Worker within Community Corrections, Prince Albert office. Your primary goal will be to work within an integrated and collaborative client service approach providing programs and services to adult and young offenders.
You will also:
- Work closely with adolescents/adults in an environment with varying diverse needs, gender differences, and cultural and spiritual belief systems;
- Collaborate with community agencies, other organizations, and government personnel;
- Compose and complete court and violation reports, community collateral, and curfew checks;
- Perform home/community assessments;
- Conduct/complete risk assessments;
- Develop and implement case management plans;
- Develop and initiate programming and interventions;
- Develop and maintain accurate and updated client files/records; and
- Work with victims of criminal offences.
To qualify, you will possess a degree in human services in any of the following fields: Social Work, Indian Social Work, Human Justice, Education, or Arts: Justice Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, and Indigenous Studies or possess grand-parenting rights in accordance with Community Corrections qualifications.
You will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in:
- Contributing factors of criminal behaviours;
- Theories and intervention strategies; and
- Systemic barriers that affect individuals and communities.
This position is required to travel and will be required to work flexible hours, which sometimes may include evenings. A valid driver's licence is required.