New job Payroll Administrator in Ontario
Company : Siemens
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Processes a variety of weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly paperless payrolls using ADP Outsourced models
- Submitting payrolls across multiple companies (Paygroups within the Company) and geographies including BC, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Alberta.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Prepares payroll data entry; vacation pay outs, allowances, increases, retro-active adjustments, verifying and inputting taxable benefits, setting up garnishments, and other deductions.
- Check all pay rates and changes are accurately reflected and allotted to the appropriate cost centre including short term or long term disability income changes.
- Check all deductions and remittances are completed accurately including but not limited to: garnishment, CPP and EI contributions, income tax deductions, insurance, benefit deductions, taxes, RRSP deductions, and where applicable union dues.
- Process the Union due payments to the Unions (Mainly for Quebec employees)
- Generates ROE's in Service Canada Online Website and amend the ROE'S if applicable.
- Processes VP'S, CEO'S payments which includes the Salaries, Special payments across all the pay groups within Company.
- Closely work with government agencies to setup payrolls and relevant remittance processes which includes CRA, Revenue Quebec, Ministry of Finance, BC Medical etc. Respond to employee and government agency inquiries with regards to payroll.
- Works closely with Workers compensation for doing the remittances and inquiries related to employees who are in Short and long term disability with regards to LOA, GRW, FRW, RTW.
- Support Finance department with payroll data audits,
- Assists with the KPMG audits for Global mobility employees who works across the border in relates to Taxes
- Prepare year end requirements including T4's, taxable benefit calculations to ensure compliance with CRA.
- Ensure complete and accurate record-keeping for all payroll transactions.
- Entering benefits information: enrolments, terminations, and changes, into Payroll systems and Manulife programs
- Reconciling benefit accounts and ensuring timely payment of premiums
- Distribution of pay stubs, payroll reports, and T-4s; Distribution of benefits packages and RRSP packages
- Closely works across shared services team to provide input, new ideas and better practicies on daily meetings
- Provide communication to employees regarding payroll policies and procedures, updates, and deadlines
What will you need to succeed?
- Must have 3-5 years specializing in payroll processing experience.
- Working with an Outsourced Payroll provider preferred
- Experience with Multi provincial payrolls
- Working with Unions is an asset
- Knowledge of ADP Pay@work an asset
- Proven ability to process detailed information accurately and meet tight deadlines in a fast
- paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to analyze data and provide sound judgement and
- Ability to work autonomously, managing time and priorities
- Professionalism and discretion
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Human Resources
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.